event Hot Wing contest

Every year at the international chili championship the day before friday they have a wing contest and i have no idea if anyone that dose sauce would want to go and cook for this event....if anyone is intrested post here and ill get more info for ya

defcon i was gonna send this to you as a private message but it says your private message folder is full.

thanks again the wings were great today.

bubbaschili said:
Every year at the international chili championship the day before friday they have a wing contest and i have no idea if anyone that dose sauce would want to go and cook for this event....if anyone is intrested post here and ill get more info for ya

defcon i was gonna send this to you as a private message but it says your private message folder is full.

thanks again the wings were great today.

Glad you liked 'em Bubba. Just dumped my privte messages, got kinda lazy, worry. I'd love to cook in the wing off, but my regular 9-5 job ain't gonna quite allow it. Give it time, on the road we're on now, this will soon become my ONLY job!

last year i was a judge at the wing contest and i thought to myself there was some weird ideas out there for wings.
for example there was one wing box i opened and it was like fried wings with spices on them........no sauce
one box of wings had a "blackened" bbq sauce
one box looked like the covered the wings in bbq sauce....not hot sauce bbq sauce.
one wing had 3 inces of breading on it....kinda like hooters wings.....ah though i have never been to hooters.....clears throat.....ookaaayyyy and it was just intresting to see what others thought hot wings were.

I guess mine would be considered Buffalo-Style. I don't quite understand any other way, especially the breading thing, ick. Personally, the only way we eat them around here is fry 'em up in a turkey fryer, and then throw them right into the sauce. Hooters doesn't serve wings, they serve some crappy goopy pile of supposed chicken on the table and claim it's wings.

I've made some pretty tastey honey/garlic wings and was thinkin' about Jerk wings on the BBQ, but Defcon wings are all I'm interested in lately.

Here, here on the Hooters wing bashing. It amazes me what will pass for food when some boobies are in your face. Whenever someone tells me that they had the best wings there, I want to scream.

Otherwise, I gotta go with Defcon. Fried, and chucked into the sauce. Done! The quickest and easiest way to mess up such a simple operation is to OVER-do it.

Closest i get to a hooters is once a year...the N.M.R.A. has it's pre-race party there, and i go and stand in the parking lot with a beer or twelve and watch all the racers do burn-outs in the parking lot...i avoid the place like the plague the rest of the time....the food can barely be passed off as roadkill

Don't they(Hooter's) have their own crappy hot sauce now? I seem to remember seeing a bottle on our table last visit. Wings were aweful, chili fries were OK(with Jalapenos), but the scenery was great (at our booth anyways.) Strange too was how our pitcher of beer had a bag of ice cubes in it. I thought she was bringing some weird ice-tea or something but it was our beer.

POTAWIE said:
Don't they(Hooter's) have their own crappy hot sauce now? I seem to remember seeing a bottle on our table last visit. Wings were aweful, chili fries were OK(with Jalapenos), but the scenery was great (at our booth anyways.) Strange too was how our pitcher of beer had a bag of ice cubes in it. I thought she was bringing some weird ice-tea or something but it was our beer.

IT'S NOT A WING SAUCE NOR IS IT HOT(NOT EVEN THEIR SO CALLED "3 MILE ISLAND")....IT'S BASICALLY REDDISH COLORED VINEGAR

wow what a thread, ok I know i probably shouldnt even post this............cant keep my trap shut..........coming out of the closet here.......I dig Hooters wing :rolleyes:
35 cent wings on monday has become a tradition during the football season here. The wife and I can go thru 40 with ease.
We spent 4 days in Vegas this summer and ate at hooter 3 nights.

Ok Defcon, I Got a bottle of Con 1 & 2 on the way. I signed up on you mailing list yesterday. That Zero looks pretty awesome!
How is #3 selling?

#3 sells well. It's kind of our 'newbie' sauce. Kind of an all-purpose wing sauce with a little bit a spice. Most people buy it when they buy the whole collection of 1,2 and 3.
As for the ZERO's, we have a few left, if you're interested, shoot an e-mail to me thru the website.

I had better hold off on the Zero, at least until I see how I do with #1 & 2. It would be cool to have it settin on the counter for braggin rights in the neighborhood. I just gotta make sure I can handle it.
Come on mailman!!!

Back