• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot Wings

As this is a predominantly USA forum I have a question to ask.

I've heard of hot wings challenges in the US and have always fancied a crack at one. They dont really exist in the UK as far as i know but I'm certainly keen to have a go.

I guess what I'm asking here is does anyone have any stories about the hottest hot wing challenges they've done?

Also - and I know it varies - but how hot are we talking here? I mean, are these things coated in Blair's 6AM or what? Are they really THAT hot? There must be a chilli or specific sauce favoured - does anyone know what it is?

Quaker Steak and Lube has a triple atomic wing challenge. You have to eat 6 of their hottest wings and you get a prize and your name on the wall. I just got a window and bumper sticker that says I survived the triple atomic wings. The wings were very hot but doable. Shed a few tears and had some good ass burn the next day but it was worth the bragging rights.

That cat that won just shoved his mouth full of meat.
He was still chewing while others actually ate there wings THEN put up there hands. :shame:
Looks fun,

Understood. The rules have been slightly adjusted for this year's match. It was the first time something like that happened, now there is a rule.

So how hot is the sauce you guys use for your wings, Mr DEFCON Dude?

I mean, in relative heat terms where on the Blair's or Dave's scale would it come?

So how hot is the sauce you guys use for your wings, Mr DEFCON Dude? I mean, in relative heat terms where on the Blair's or Dave's scale would it come?
It's f**king hot. I don't eat Blairs or Daves stuff, so it would be a little hard for me to equate it to their specific products. Let's put it this way, during one of our Deathmatches a few years ago, a guy actually crapped himself during the match. To think, I almost felt bad for him. We've had people assume fetal position after the match for an extended amount of time, with the occasional esophageal reversal. The after-effects are definitely fun to watch.

We use a majority of DM-MKII in it, with a tad bit of DM-MKIII and Zero Sludge.

I don't sign on to the Scoville scale, as I think hotness is subjective to the individual.

Ive just gotta try this sauce :hell:
Im wondering how I would go in such a competition.
Can you ship a few bottles to Australia?
And a rough idea of how the wings are done?
Im a member of the Australian BBQ Association so I wont need trade secrets.
Just a rough, Ie : slow smoked and mopped,,, Grilled THEN mopped,, stuf like that.

Can you ship a few bottles to Australia?

This isn't something he sells to the public. I'm pretty sure he makes it exclusively for his wing contests.....

....and his own perverted pleasure of personally witnessing people consume it. :rofl:

As for his wing-cooking method, he's nver been shy with that.

Im a member of the Australian BBQ Association so I wont need trade secrets.
DEFCON SAUCES WING PREPARATION

STEP 1

Take 3-4 pounds fresh, naked (no breading or seasoning) chicken wings and put them into 375 degree canola oil (preferably within a turkey fryer with 2 ½ gallons of oil). Be extremely careful with this step, hot oil don’t tickle!!!

STEP 2

Allow to fry for 4-5 minutes, then remove from oil, and stab each wing section ONCE with a 2-pronged BBQ fork. After all pieces are punctured, put back in the 375 degree oil.

STEP 3

Allow to cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until completely crispy on the outside.

STEP 4

Take fry basket directly from fryer, shake off a little of the oil, and add directly into either a stainless steel bowl with a little sauce, and toss to coat and serve, or into a roasting pan that has ¾ inch of sauce in it, preferably heated in a chafing dish with water pan and heated with Sterno. Toss until coated, and ingest.

Repeat as needed.

ENJOY!

I will testify to the Creators wing cooking method, I brought my 5 gallon deep frier to Open Fields a couple of years ago and cooked wings almost any way imaginable, the simple
Defcon way worked best.(even if there was no Defcon sauce there, just some old run of the mill Trinidad Scorpion sauce I had cooked up,lol)btw Defcon is my favorite over the counter wing sauce.

Back