• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hotsauce.com service

Anybody else having problems with hotsauce.com? I ordered on March 30. My credit card was charged, but I still have not been delivered any sauce. No return email, no return phone call.

I haven't had any dealings with them, so I can't comment, but I'd be phoning them... (954) 929-3289

Let us know what happens.

btw, it wasn't one of my sauces you ordered; was it???

T.

Yeah. I've phoned twice with no reply. And I've sent 1/2 dozen emails. Just called Mastercard to get this fixed. Too bad, I've used them before without a problem.

I'm dying for the sauce....African Rhino Peri-peri...I'm completely out....

I like this stuff just as much as the original Inner Beauty,

Well, I've made all the phone calls I can make, and am no further ahead than you were Jon.

Let us know if and when you ever get through to these guys and if and when you get your sauce...

I've got a few emails out asking people about the company, and if anything new comes up, I'll get back to you.

T.

If you want this sauce now and resolve your credit card charges later. Try Peppers( toll free 800-998-FIRE) they are on the east coast also plus they carry everything.
Good luck with this issue keep trying HotSauce.com maybe they are just backed up.

Mick

backed up??

Aw c'mon Kato, you and I both know better than that... These guys screwed up somewhere along the line, made the charge and didn't ship... Perhaps it's been shipped since Jon started complaining... or I should say "tried" to complain...

Heck I tried to call yesterday and got no answer... several times.

I'd be concerned that they were out of business and would contact the manufacturer of the sauce I had attempted to buy, faxing them a copy of the credit card payment... And see what They'd do. I know what I'd do if it were our sauce...

But of course it's not my sauce.

Oh, and Peppers doesn't carry everything. They don't carry my line.

T.

Well, I have a tracking number. So when it gets to my door which should be today or tomorrow, I'll call the CC company back.

thanks for the help.

The people at hotsauce.com are good people.

I'm glad it's resolved.

:)

JOn said:
Well, I have a tracking number. So when it gets to my door which should be today or tomorrow, I'll call the CC company back.

thanks for the help.

Jon,

Sorry to hear about your ordering woes. We've never ordered anything from them before, so no common experiences to share with you about them.

We can recommend some other retailers to compare prices for hot sauces if you are interested. Might save you some frustration in the future.

Tina Brooks said:
Recommend away, I'm on the lookout for US distys.

T.

Most of the U.S. distributors all know each other, so we've heard. We've liked our dealings with Mike & Leah Cates from HotSaucePlanet.com. You can also try the guys at Hot Shots, thru the Pyropepper.com site. You might also check in with Chip Hearn with Peppers.com...although I think that Chip may just be a manufacturer and not a distributor.

All of the above are good.

- J

Well, you're right about one thing. All these guys know each other. Although there are 10s of thousands of hot sauces on the market, I'm starting to think that there aren't 10s of thousands of hot sauce makers, if you know what I mean. There seems to be some heavy duty duplication going on. That said...

I'm rather in a tiny boat on a big ocean. These guys get numerous shipments every day of new sauces that they're expected to simply put on their shelves. If the reaction to my sauces by these guys, is typical, it's going to be a while before I get any US distribution.

I sent out a boxful of my sauces to one distributor a while ago, and after several weeks of waiting, I called to ask what he thought. Well, he had no idea. Even after having received my sauces over a month previously, my sauces were still in the box and he had no idea when they'd see the light of day.

If that's what I'm up against, I'm going to have to continue to enter the market bottle by bottle.

T.

Tina Brooks said:
Well, you're right about one thing. All these guys know each other. Although there are 10s of thousands of hot sauces on the market, I'm starting to think that there aren't 10s of thousands of hot sauce makers, if you know what I mean. There seems to be some heavy duty duplication going on. That said...

I'm rather in a tiny boat on a big ocean. These guys get numerous shipments every day of new sauces that they're expected to simply put on their shelves. If the reaction to my sauces by these guys, is typical, it's going to be a while before I get any US distribution.

I sent out a boxful of my sauces to one distributor a while ago, and after several weeks of waiting, I called to ask what he thought. Well, he had no idea. Even after having received my sauces over a month previously, my sauces were still in the box and he had no idea when they'd see the light of day.

If that's what I'm up against, I'm going to have to continue to enter the market bottle by bottle.

T.

Yes, but making a living bottle by bottle is no fun. :D

As far as distributors go, your mileage may vary. It may very well be an issue of 'trial and error' for you to find the one that's right for your needs. It sounds like you may not need one of those mega-distributors that has more products than they can reasonable keep track of at any given time. You may want to test the waters with smaller ones, although I've listed the ones I know the most about. If you happen to contact those (assuming you haven't already done so), you are welcome to let them know we referred you.

On the flip side, if we hear of any others we'll be sure to send you their names.

- J

Actually, you'd be quite surprised at how much fun it is! Imagine, if I had a national disty, I would never have met you. :D

To tell you the truth, little stores here and there are showing interest, but no bites yet, so we just keep plugging away.

We've just joined an Export Group and we're booking to go to New York Fancy Foods in July, maybe we'll find our distys there.

T

Tina,

I'll call soon been crazy here since we aired on food finds 4 times the last 2 weeks. Still backed up

Mick
Kato's

Back