• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Hotter Peppers after Grilled

I Noticed on the Jalapenos that After I Grill them They Become Wayyy Hotter than When they are Fresh, and When I Grill a Different Pepper They Become Less Spicy is there a Logical Explanation?

I Noticed on the Jalapenos that After I Grill them They Become Wayyy Hotter than When they are Fresh, and When I Grill a Different Pepper They Become Less Spicy is there a Logical Explanation?

What was the name of the other pepper? The hotter peppers have more capsaicin oil in them, so that and the fact that the food is hot, will usually intensify the burn.

Cooking anything that contains natural oils (capsaicin) brings the oils out. So if you overcook it, there will be less heat because the capsaicin ends up in the pan. However if you lightly cook/don't overcook these oils are brought to the surface, so when you eat them, they are right there and :mouthonfire:

As compared to raw peppers, where some of the cap can be lost inside unchewed pepper. So yes they can taste hotter! Or weaker. Or the same. Different cooking methods yield different results.

That's just my take on it from cooking them.

Yes it is released. There you go.

Back