• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat Hottest White?

Read on Tradewind Seeds they list a giant white habanero with "AKA white 7 pot". But what do they know - this year instead of sending me white bhut jolokia they gave me common bhut jolokia. I like white bullet habanero as being the hottest.

Robbyjoe, everyone screws up now and then.  For a time, I started each day by apologizing to my wife for all the things I'd screw up after getting out of bed.

Kraken, did not know someone came up with a white.  I knew chocolate.  Been told yellow is primo, but lots think reaper is very closely related to primo.  Who has white carolina reaper, that would be fun.  Not sure why, but I really dig on white peppers.  I think it is because they are fairly unusual.  Ghosts and Habs are cool because they don't look scary.  Put either of those in a salad and someone will never suspect a thing.

ajdrew said:
Robbyjoe, everyone screws up now and then.  For a time, I started each day by apologizing to my wife for all the things I'd screw up after getting out of bed.

Kraken, did not know someone came up with a white.  I knew chocolate.  Been told yellow is primo, but lots think reaper is very closely related to primo.  Who has white carolina reaper, that would be fun.  Not sure why, but I really dig on white peppers.  I think it is because they are fairly unusual.  Ghosts and Habs are cool because they don't look scary.  Put either of those in a salad and someone will never suspect a thing.

I'm the same, something that by the standard definition that should be red 'Peppers in general' being white, seem like an oddity of nature, and as there are minimal white glossy skinned fruits/veg in the world it really starts seeming unique

I find the flavour of whites is so much cleaner is. No grass taste but as stated I've tried 8 varieties of white peppers this year and bar none flavour and heat goes to the white bullet hab and thanks goes out to d3monic as his were the first I've tried and they automatically earned a space in my garden this year.

Back