• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How about....

Ok so I have a couple of plants on a 5 gallon pots, after season ends, what if I get the plant out from the pot, cut the roots in half and repot with new soil at the bottom,kinda like the bonsai method will that make the plant get bigger?????

In Mexico you can grow year round, no? Just leave it in the pot till it seems to slow its growth then repot, or put in ground if possible.

Well actually its my first year, weather over here is semi tropic, but in winter it gets around 55 Fahrenheit

Is 55F the lowest it gets? If so you will have no problem keeping plants alive all year. If it gets too cold growth and productivity will decline.

+1 what Josh said

Ok so I have a couple of plants on a 5 gallon pots, after season ends, what if I get the plant out from the pot, cut the roots in half and repot with new soil at the bottom,kinda like the bonsai method will that make the plant get bigger?????
Thats's how I overwinter my huge plants indoors here although I usually cut more than half the roots as well as the tops. Cutting the roots back leaves room for more roots to grow in the existing or smaller pot without having to pot up to a huge non-house friendly container, and the plant will still have a large stalk which will provide quick growth when spring comes around.
In your climate this type of overwintering may be overkill but letting the plant go semi-dormant might still save you a lot of hassles with bugs and cool damp weather.

Thats's how I overwinter my huge plants indoors here although I usually cut more than half the roots as well as the tops. Cutting the roots back leaves room for more roots to grow in the existing or smaller pot without having to pot up to a huge non-house friendly container, and the plant will still have a large stalk which will provide quick growth when spring comes around.
In your climate this type of overwintering may be overkill but letting the plant go semi-dormant might still save you a lot of hassles with bugs and cool damp weather.
You recommend pruning the top of the plant to half its size???

Back