• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds HOW ARE YOUR SEEDS GROWING FOR YOU

doing great Joe, I have about 5 weeks till plant out and my Aji Benito has about 6 pods forming... its only in a 1 gal pot. all the rest are great, the red bhut is an aphid magnet. actually only 1 is giving me some difficulty, the aussie lantern is shrimpy, growing much slower than the rest. Neon Yellow Scorpanero scares me, the leaves smell spicy, none of the others are giving off as strong of an aroma as that one.

doing great Joe, I have about 5 weeks till plant out and my Aji Benito has about 6 pods forming... its only in a 1 gal pot. all the rest are great, the red bhut is an aphid magnet. actually only 1 is giving me some difficulty, the aussie lantern is shrimpy, growing much slower than the rest. Neon Yellow Scorpanero scares me, the leaves smell spicy, none of the others are giving off as strong of an aroma as that one.
glad a few are doing good
the ones that arent will take off once there outside, i have a few like that too and my aussie lantern are kinda bad looking too not concerned
i hate aphid!!

spicy leaves you say very interesting your gonna have to let me know how the pods are i didnt grow that one this year

sounds like you doing good

please keep in touch and thanks your friend joe

here is a 7 day update on some of your varieties. I am trying to rush them outside so they can live there by the end of this month. Once they harden a bit these will all see Quart pots and will then be given away, sold, or kept for personal use.

Im not the best grower by any means, so Im hoping this growth wont seem too skimpy lol.

African Devil

DSCN0694.jpg

Yellow Bhuts

DSCN0695.jpg

Wild brazil

DSCN0696.jpg

yellow scorpanero
DSCN0697.jpg

Joloro ( the leaves on this one appear to all be kind of ruffled. is this normal? or just a sign on the genetics used in the cross?)

DSCN0698.jpg

Maraba Hab

DSCN0699.jpg

yellow habalokia

DSCN0700.jpg

The seeds I got from Joe are lookin great. Awesome germ rate! Thanks again! Heres one of the Wiri Wiri Lg's;

Picture014.jpg

:onfire:
looks real good its a tricot!! normally they only have two leaves to start

great that your doing so well keep in touch

thanks Joe

Here is a pod on my Aji Benito, must have crossed with something, since most photos I've seen, the pods are more Jalapeno shaped.. These just keep getting fatter, not any longer, and a little bit pimply.
DSC_0561.jpg

it does my heart proud to know that evryone is doing so well
its possible that the Aji benito is a cross i didnt grow the plants i got those seeds from however the pods i harvested them from where your typical shape

nick they look great!!

tupperware im happy your happy
i can wait until you guys harvest them i hope the crosses all come out right

keep me up to date on your progress

thanks again your friend Joe

Everything is going great now Joe, I was wondering though, if you had any photos of Fidalga Vermelha.
yes but only in green phase they are red i can tell you it looks alot like a red Thai but longer pods and much milder
it looks like a small cayenne

i can send you the pic if you want email me at mosinjoe7@yahoo.com

thanks your friend joe

hello again all i hope your plants are doing great keep the pics coming
love to see them

thanks your friend Joe :onfire:

Hi there Joe,

My plants are doing very well, and I am enjoying the cool varieties that you have given me the opportunity to grow. Here is a couple shots of plants that are currently flowering. I got a bit over my head this year and have had to give plants away as well as keep more indoors than I would like. But that's a good problem to have.

Joloro
DSCF6010.jpg

Joloro first fruit
DSCF6012.jpg

Joloro flower
DSCF6017.jpg

Piri Piri

DSCF6019.jpg

Yellow Habalokia buds. This one looks like it might be a crazy producer, its a little small but my growing season is long so hopefully all my Chinese peppers will work out..

DSCF6039.jpg

Thanks again Joe!

Hi there Joe,

My plants are doing very well, and I am enjoying the cool varieties that you have given me the opportunity to grow. Here is a couple shots of plants that are currently flowering. I got a bit over my head this year and have had to give plants away as well as keep more indoors than I would like. But that's a good problem to have.

Joloro
DSCF6010.jpg

Joloro first fruit
DSCF6012.jpg

Joloro flower
DSCF6017.jpg

Piri Piri

DSCF6019.jpg

Yellow Habalokia buds. This one looks like it might be a crazy producer, its a little small but my growing season is long so hopefully all my Chinese peppers will work out..

DSCF6039.jpg

Thanks again Joe!
Very nice plants and yes your problem is a good one, i have it every year,but but never seems to be a problem, i have given away countless plants to friends and co workers and it always makes them happy as well as myself
you get the opportunity to share the love

thanks so much keep in touch more pics please especially when there if full fruit

thanks your friend Joe

if anyone wants to see pics of my gardens past and present please email me at mosinjoe7@yahoo.com and i will send you some

its too much of a pain to post pics on this site and until they make it easier im not doing it
i tried a few time and failed and i dont like those photo sites

thanks your friend Joe

Here is a pod on my Aji Benito, must have crossed with something, since most photos I've seen, the pods are more Jalapeno shaped.. These just keep getting fatter, not any longer, and a little bit pimply.
DSC_0561.jpg

My Aji Benito looked like this too. :D

But the flower of definitely from a baccatum. :cool:

Hey Joe,

Just wanted to give you a look at how a couple of the seeds I got from you are producing:

Yellow Jamaican Scotch Bonnet

DSC07136.jpg

DSC07138.jpg

Chocolate Bhut Jolokia:

DSC07141.jpg

DSC07142.jpg

I've got several other varieties growing but these two are producing the most pods right now.

Thanks again.

Hey Joe,

Just wanted to give you a look at how a couple of the seeds I got from you are producing:

Yellow Jamaican Scotch Bonnet

DSC07136.jpg

DSC07138.jpg

Chocolate Bhut Jolokia:

DSC07141.jpg

DSC07142.jpg

I've got several other varieties growing but these two are producing the most pods right now.

Thanks again.
very nice job nate they look great

however one of my choco bhuts was red :( i hope you will have better luck

the seeds were not from my personal stock but i did harvest them from choco pods

let me know what they look like when they ripen

thanks great pics great job

your friend Joe

Back