• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How big do Manzano's/Rocoto's get?

Here's a pic of my Manzano that is about 4 months old at most, and is already > 60cms

DSC01665.JPG

DSC01668.JPG

I've read in a few places that they some people have had them above 6 feet tall, which would be above my fence line if that's true with the pots I'm using. They seem to do quite well in Melbourne's weather, we many people reporting their plants are still going strong after 5 years

Manzanos and Rocots most Pubescens should be called the wild ones..They just keep going,Ive seen pictures of plants 6/7 feet high and they have a bush habit they as wide as well as tall so give them lots of space and bang goes your growing room for everything else :(

These plants sit in front of some pittosporums in the back yard as our neighbours house is raised off the concrete slab a little, so they can pretty much see right into our living area/kitchen area from their bedrooms.

Perhaps I should of just planted 12 Rocotos instead :(

MiLK_MaN said:
These plants sit in front of some pittosporums in the back yard as our neighbours house is raised off the concrete slab a little, so they can pretty much see right into our living area/kitchen area from their bedrooms.

Perhaps I should of just planted 12 Rocotos instead :(

ROFL Ye no more prying eyes :)

This manzano is in 1/2 of a 55 gal drum and is rootbound after 5 months. 3' tall, 3' diameter.

They won't get really large unless you repot.

IMG_6554.jpg

Back