• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

how do they do that ????

i have been seeing these type of peppers in pictures. how do they do that ?? is it that its gene's /variety/cross /hybrid are programmed to fruit like that of is it induced by means of hormon / ferts? what do you think ?

szechuanearlyx2.jpg

Szechuan Early: F1 hybrid. Early maturity. Heat tolerant. The fruits are shining dark green, thick skinned. Delicious and mildly hot.
LongLax2.jpg

Long La: F1 hybrid. An early variety. Fruits are up to 20 cm long and 1.5 cm wide in shoulder. Very hot and excellent appearance.

SzechuanGirlx2.jpg

Szechuan Girl: F1 hybrid. High fruit setting. Fruits are average 12-16 cm long and 1 cm wide in shoulder. Thin skin and very hot.

or gimmick to make seed sales ?
i just purchased these two and i am wondering if i have to give them special treatment to get what is shown on this covers?
photo0272.jpg

look the number of pods per node and
photo0273kl.jpg

extra long peppers.
Both pack has a notice there even though they of different brands and these are the only english words on the pack.
"Do not Open this can/package/container or plant this seed until you have read and understood the NOTICE TO PURCHASER. This seed is intended for planting by professional growers who are familiar with this variety or who harvested under field conditions."

Wow! Has to be some sort of genetically modified mutant pepper from hell! I'm not hip to modified foods or I'd be all over some of these nutty nightshades :woohoo:

fetilization and of course they're hybrids. hybrid vigor has to do a lot with the plant's ability to produce that many pods.

Wow! Has to be some sort of genetically modified mutant pepper from hell! I'm not hip to modified foods or I'd be all over some of these nutty nightshades :woohoo:
As i see, these chili peppers are flooding my local markets as they produce more and more resistance to diseases.

are hybrid F1 => GM produce or its like they cross pollinate with better varieties to produce more yielding produce?

i'm with you sri, if only i could produce what is advertised or even what other members show. it is all about growing environment, but funny, i go to a store and find a plant that's a foot tall and flowering in a 2" pot. no way any of my plants would deliver that growth. and i use seaweed and kelp thinking i am getting the gibberellan growth hormones. i'd like to blame it on humidity(i have virtually no humidity being in a prairie/dessert environment but places like arizona seem to pump out monster pods. my cold is a factor but everything is in the house at a constant 70C, of course lacking the humidity.

i can only dream on.

fetilization and of course they're hybrids. hybrid vigor has to do a lot with the plant's ability to produce that many pods.
hmm i guess they really need lots of fert to produce that much. (power hungry plant) hehe
But won't over fertilization causes them to burn the plant ?

i have bought some plants like that before but hey don't last. only initial when u purchase that u see that amount of pods after its over, it becomes less pods ,smaller and not the same as how its was earlier.

what is their secret..??

I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure. I'm VERY wary of all the mods for disease resistance though. It will eventually lead to the same problem as our human over-reliance on antibiotics. We will have a disease that will wipe out whole swaths of crops......not goo in my book. Just my opinion though, it might be the :beer: though, had a long day which resulted in many :beer: 's!!!!!!

i'm with you sri, if only i could produce what is advertised or even what other members show. it is all about growing environment, but funny, i go to a store and find a plant that's a foot tall and flowering in a 2" pot. no way any of my plants would deliver that growth. and i use seaweed and kelp thinking i am getting the gibberellan growth hormones. i'd like to blame it on humidity(i have virtually no humidity being in a prairie/dessert environment but places like arizona seem to pump out monster pods. my cold is a factor but everything is in the house at a constant 70C, of course lacking the humidity.

i can only dream on.
hi burning colon,
maybe these are secrets of the commercial growers ?

i know what you mean.. a foot tall or less.. but producing lots of pods!!!
photo0016l.jpg

a constant 70c in the house ?? :hell: hehehehe
well there are some humidifiers that help increase the humidity in the house.:)

BTW i got those picture from a canadian site!
Mailing Address:

AgroHaitai Ltd.

P. O. Box 45

Lynden, Ontario L0R 1T0

Canada

Physical address:

2764 Hwy 99 (Governor's Road )

Lynden, ON L0R 1T0

Canada

Phone: 519-647-2280

Fax: 519-647-3188

Just took this photo of a plant I have growing hydroponically...

IMAG0404.jpg
:shocked: what did you feed your plant!!! is it a hybrid plant F1 ?looking at its leaves all dark green/almost black..
is it the first time its flowering?? or you have pictures of pods jetting out ?
is it a bird's eye hybrid ? :)

As chilli lovers we choose plants because we like the way they look, taste, burn etc. These chillis are for commercial growers, guess what they want! MOAR CHILLIS!!

As chilli lovers we choose plants because we like the way they look, taste, burn etc. These chillis are for commercial growers, guess what they want! MOAR CHILLIS!!

+1

Chemicals, Chemicals, Chemicals(not even close to natural)..... Big tasteless fruit, lots of big tasteless fruit, hybridized to be lots of fruit..... MONEY, MONEY, MONEY......

Marketing and Money make the commercial growers world go round. I grow a few hundred plants, but for much more than just lots of production!!

If it tastes like a store bought cardboard tomato or pepper, it ain't worth squat!!

GROW YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!! Taste the difference!

I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure. I'm VERY wary of all the mods for disease resistance though. It will eventually lead to the same problem as our human over-reliance on antibiotics. We will have a disease that will wipe out whole swaths of crops......not goo in my book. Just my opinion though, it might be the :beer: though, had a long day which resulted in many :beer: 's!!!!!!
you are right ...i will drink to that :beer:

hi scott,
have not seen u around for sometime..:)
Going back to the roots on why we plant hot peppers. to get the :mouthonfire: :beer: :lol:
hehe
+1

Chemicals, Chemicals, Chemicals(not even close to natural)..... Big tasteless fruit, lots of big tasteless fruit, hybridized to be lots of fruit..... MONEY, MONEY, MONEY......

Marketing and Money make the commercial growers world go round. I grow a few hundred plants, but for much more than just lots of production!!

If it tastes like a store bought cardboard tomato or pepper, it ain't worth squat!!

GROW YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!! Taste the difference!
yes!! organic is better.. the natural way.. growing your own always tastes better.
but i am intrigue by the methods used and how they can maintain that production of peppers. they do it for $$$.

lol, i got a plant that's doing something close to that.

d06eeaee.jpg

i think it's mostly due to the variety, the amendments and the environment.

that's a peach hab. still pushing out more pods and more flowers as we speak.

The plant I have growing is I think a Hot Paper Lantern Hab, seed taken from a pepper I bought at a farmers market in the summer, so it might be a cross, he was also growing thai dragon, so far the 1 pod ( you can see in the pic on the right hand side) is quite small, and seems to have stopped growing...

Back