• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

how do they do that ????

lol, i got a plant that's doing something close to that.

d06eeaee.jpg

i think it's mostly due to the variety, the amendments and the environment.

that's a peach hab. still pushing out more pods and more flowers as we speak.
its a big bush Franz! hmm i remember that plant . u were looking to identify that plant. so its a peach hab. how's its taste?
Franze remember there was one chili plant that just grew by it self near some rocky area of your garden. so what did it turn up to be ? :)

The plant I have growing is I think a Hot Paper Lantern Hab, seed taken from a pepper I bought at a farmers market in the summer, so it might be a cross, he was also growing thai dragon, so far the 1 pod ( you can see in the pic on the right hand side) is quite small, and seems to have stopped growing...
nice maybe you will get hot paper lanterns with thai red's producing power. :)
keep posting :)
that tiny pod its just the beginning. you will get more coming, i am afraid its will be nutrient hungry to help producing that many pods.more p's and k's needed when they are producing.

its a big bush Franz! hmm i remember that plant . u were looking to identify that plant. so its a peach hab. how's its taste?
Franze remember there was one chili plant that just grew by it self near some rocky area of your garden. so what did it turn up to be ? :)

dunno yet how it tastes as i don't have any pod ripening from it yet. lol. hopefully soon. i'll let you know.

the chili plant that grew by itself was an "ordinary" siling labuyo chili plant. birds eat pepper pods and crap them out all over the place out here. labuyo means wild in a local dialect. and sili, just is chili in our language. =D

The Hot Paper Lantern from what i've read is supposed to be more prolific and earlier than most habs. That plant is only about 12 to 14 inches tall because it was grown under blue fluoros for most its life, just a few days ago I swapped to a 430W HPS. But who knows, maybe it will be some wicked Thai Dragon x Hot Paper Lantern. I'm hoping to do some crossing this summer, but not for any specific reason like disease resistance or earliness, but more or less like smallest pepper i have growing (Bode) with the largest (Big Jim) stuff like that.

It looks like LARGE amounts of ferts to me, and you also have to figure big companys have BIG farms, so they have lots of plants which most of which may look normal but one or two may be overloaded like the one in the picture. And of course those ones make the packet.

a constant 70c in the house ??

oooppss, i goofed, meant 70F. we have a gas furnace that has to run about every 30 minutes to keep us from freezing inside our house.

sri, i use to live about 20 minutes from lynden, drove through it many times, it's a small town agricultural area in southwestern province of ontario. i could grow just about anything in that area, heavy, wet snow in the winters(but mild), spring comes early and is wet, summer is hot and humid, fall is mild. why i could even grow...peppers outside there. they are border line of an area called the "niagra wine belt" - i don't know if you get canadian wines where you are but chances would be good they came from that area.

nice plants franz and binch.

The Hot Paper Lantern from what i've read is supposed to be more prolific and earlier than most habs. That plant is only about 12 to 14 inches tall because it was grown under blue fluoros for most its life, just a few days ago I swapped to a 430W HPS. But who knows, maybe it will be some wicked Thai Dragon x Hot Paper Lantern. I'm hoping to do some crossing this summer, but not for any specific reason like disease resistance or earliness, but more or less like smallest pepper i have growing (Bode) with the largest (Big Jim) stuff like that.
i just checked the internet and found that hot paper lantern peppers are prolific producers.
343_739_popup.jpg

what i can see is like 2-3 pods per nod. from your picture its more like 5-6 pods per node that if all the flowers get pollinated and survive.
it has been growing under blue floro. 20w ?? X ? -> 430 w hps... that will create lots of heat and light. hope u are using proper dark safety goggles when are are view your plant. hehe
u just switch its light from low to middle of the light spectrum. The HPs is monochromatic light.

wow.. cross a small to a big pepper.. which one will be the surrogate ?? it will be interesting to see the outcome.

It looks like LARGE amounts of ferts to me, and you also have to figure big companys have BIG farms, so they have lots of plants which most of which may look normal but one or two may be overloaded like the one in the picture. And of course those ones make the packet.
hmm the best model get picked for the photo shoot :)) hehe

oooppss, i goofed, meant 70F. we have a gas furnace that has to run about every 30 minutes to keep us from freezing inside our house.

sri, i use to live about 20 minutes from lynden, drove through it many times, it's a small town agricultural area in southwestern province of ontario. i could grow just about anything in that area, heavy, wet snow in the winters(but mild), spring comes early and is wet, summer is hot and humid, fall is mild. why i could even grow...peppers outside there. they are border line of an area called the "niagra wine belt" - i don't know if you get canadian wines where you are but chances would be good they came from that area.

nice plants franz and binch.
hehee i was just joking on the 70c thing :) hehe i used to stay in a house with a gas furnace. we bought prepaid gas cards to keep it running. sometimes when we forgot to buy the card and there is a holiday. haha COLD cOLD times. hehe

there sounds like a better place than where you are leaving now...-20C !! job?

hmm i can't recall seeing any Canadian wines but we do get lots of australian wines here.:)

the chili plant that grew by itself was an "ordinary" siling labuyo chili plant. birds eat pepper pods and crap them out all over the place out here. labuyo means wild in a local dialect. and sili, just is chili in our language. =D
don't say ordinary.. they are good pepper plant to keep also :) thats if u get to eat them.. the one i had ,the birds gets the first pick of the peppers before i can get home! if i am lucky i get half pod left for me :) hahaha

thanks for the translation

don't say ordinary.. they are good pepper plant to keep also :) thats if u get to eat them.. the one i had ,the birds gets the first pick of the peppers before i can get home! if i am lucky i get half pod left for me :) hahaha

thanks for the translation

well they're ordinary here. lol. birds get to eat my labuyo pods all the time. and they don't mess with my non-local pods. which is awesome. hopefully they don't mess with them ever.

Back