• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How do you keep it all organized?

Nagel if you are gonna use the 72 count cell trays, I could send you a copy of my map sheet.Uts self explanatory. It has 1 corner marked so you label a corner on the tray do that you always have your position right. Other than that its self explanatory and you can use it as a model if you want to use a smaller tray. Maybe J could scan it and email it to you. If you are interested PM me.

Maps are great unless you have help putting them in pots...

I think I mentioned this in my glog, but my helper neglected to write names on her cups, and neglected to keep them together the way I was organizing them...

The net result is ~40 plants of 4 varieties, and only God knows which is which at this point... Except the two that are already growing Cayenne Pepper pods :D

Maps are great unless you have help putting them in pots...

I think I mentioned this in my glog, but my helper neglected to write names on her cups, and neglected to keep them together the way I was organizing them...

The net result is ~40 plants of 4 varieties, and only God knows which is which at this point... Except the two that are already growing Cayenne Pepper pods :D
ouch...

As my handwriting sucks! (computer geek for a living) I geek it up a little and use VISIO lol. Just helps me monitor it all and keep track of what I have growing. I lable the Jiffy Greenhouse so I know which side is which and then used this ... blank at the time. I print it out, write on it and every couple days update the soft copy and print a new one.

This a couple days old - I will be posting the updated one tonight.

peppers.jpg

I assign each variety with a number as it is easier to keep up with and label with a number, and if I had a variety from different venders I tag an a to the number for the first one and b for the next and so on. I then map it all out on a diagram. Here's a pic from my current grow where I have 288 seeds germinating.

IMG_0853.jpg

thats similar to how I do my seedlings, use numbering so that you can reuse the pot with whatever variety you want next time.

When I go to plant in the ground then i simply separate each variety out...not hard to do when you have 5 acres to play with lol.

Back