• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How do you keep it simple?

While growing organically in soil. Let's check out your interpretations of a simple set up for organic soil chili growing.

-cheers.

inside is simple not much to say, throw seeds in ground, let them do there own thing

outside
PUT PLANTS IN GROUND, THROW DOWN HOUSEHOLD ORGANICS,AROUND PLANTS

coffee grounds, veggie peals,litter from my pet rats etc,  it all feed the worms and they feed the plant with there castings (poop) at the end i throw down leaves and other organics as well as my chopped up plants, i also throw down all kinds of stuff all winter long then in spring i till it all in, i never stop putting stuff down
quite simple and very effective

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
PUT PLANTS IN GROUND, THROW DOWN HOSEHOLD ORGANICS,AROUND PLANTS

coffee grounds, veggie peals,litter from my pet rats etc,  it all feed the worms and they feed the plant with there castings (poop)
quite simple and very effective

thanks your friend Joe
I love using the litter from guinea pigs wonderful pets like tiny dogs but produce a ton of "manure" im using it to amend my backyard soil hopefully in a couple years i can grow in ground. Joe do you seriously have a pet rat?

Nightshade said:
I love using the litter from guinea pigs wonderful pets like tiny dogs but produce a ton of "manure" im using it to amend my backyard soil hopefully in a couple years i can grow in ground. Joe do you seriously have a pet rat?
yeah rats are not too far behind G pigs when it comes to POOP, i had both
i use CARE FRESH paper bedding and i notice when the weather is wam and the soil stays moist enough the worms eat that stuff up like its going out of style, most is gone by the next time i put more down, so they do like it

thanks your friend Joe

I just use woods chip and that's great to know I will be buying around 1200 red wriggles or however you spell it and tossing them into my garden area with compost and leaves come spring time to help amend then I will be growing test tepins to see if its good for growing

Nightshade said:

ajijoe said:
yeah rats are not too far behind G pigs when it comes to POOP, i had both
i use CARE FRESH paper bedding and i notice when the weather is wam and the soil stays moist enough the worms eat that stuff up like its going out of style, most is gone by the next time i put more down, so they do like it

thanks your friend Joe

If I ever get peppers from you two, remind me to wash them :)
Next big recipe: Pig and rat sh#t salsa, picante style

Depends on what sun you get, how hot it gets, how wet it is, how much organics are in the soil---and a million other factors.

Some will grow just fine sticking a seed in almost anything and giving it a bit of water.

Some need to be planted during the correct phase of the moon, on blessed soil, and given offerings 3 times a day----4 on Sunday.

Want simple?
Till up a patch of dirt and make sure it can drain properly.
Plant a large variety.
Discover which ones like what you are providing.

Nightshade said:
I just use woods chip and that's great to know I will be buying around 1200 red wriggles or however you spell it and tossing them into my garden area with compost and leaves come spring time to help amend then I will be growing test tepins to see if its good for growing
yes they love all that good stuff you throw down especially old coffee grounds, it like your ringing the dinner bell or something LOL

i was told because coffee grounds have a pourous surface areathey collect the bacterias that worms love to eat and nouirishes them

if you are going to use alot of wood be aware that you may end up with cut worms that can eat your roots it doesnt always happen but it can, i am told they dont like when the soil is a bit more acidic but that you have to be careful as well, you would be better of with old leaves and grass that stuff the worms like too and will help nitrofy your soil, also wood chips take time to break down and lock up alot of nutrients and are not released again until they break down, its not that big of a deal if your doing what i do, constant composting

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:

if you are going to use alot of wood be aware that you may end up with cut worms that can eat your roots it doesnt always happen but it can, i am told they dont like when the soil is a bit more acidic but that you have to be careful as well, you would be better of with old leaves and grass that stuff the worms like too and will help nitrofy your soil, also wood chips take time to break down and lock up alot of nutrients and are not released again until they break down, its not that big of a deal if your doing what i do, constant composting

Ive had those bastards, some BT takes care of them no problem 

impending_bending said:

If I ever get peppers from you two, remind me to wash them :)
Next big recipe: Pig and rat sh#t salsa, picante style
sure thing
if you make that people can say it taste like sh and mean it :P lol
prolly a good idea to wash them either way

thanks i needed a good laugh your friend Joe

Back