• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

how do you think this is doing

425879_10150695704163384_585833383_11255051_472778433_n.jpg
402601_10150695702783384_585833383_11255039_320096265_n.jpg

What kind is that, a Red 7-Pot? Either way, looks healthy and productive. Leaves are a good rich green, pods are setting nicely. Great work!

indoor/outdoor when its nice leaves keep falling off atm just a few like 3 a day and flowers with the steam fall off to

its a trinidad scorpion to me the pods dont look like the right shape to be a scorpion tho

It looks very well. What type of Trinidad Scorpion is it? Not all the pods have that famous stinger :( .

indoor/outdoor when its nice leaves keep falling off atm just a few like 3 a day and flowers with the steam fall off to

its a trinidad scorpion to me the pods dont look like the right shape to be a scorpion tho

Did you recently move this plant from outside?

Yeah, it looks in the general Trinidad family (Douglah, Scorpion, 7-Pot, etc.), but I pegged it more for a Red 7 than a Scorpion, although Red Scorpions do have a phenotype that looks similar, and with the genetic closeness of the Trinidad family of C.Chinense peppers, it's easy to see how that would happen.

Did you recently move this plant from outside?

yea out door in good weather and indoors in bad

Looks good to me! You're lucky you have pods at all. I've had blooms for 2 months without fruits.
yea it has 10 on it at the moment but one fell off the the other day i think its to small to do anything with

do you think i should put it in a bigger pot yet or wait a bit longer?

It is shedding its leaves because it cannot produce enough energy for them caused by switching it indoors. The same thing happened to my Thai dragon peppers and habaneros last season. What sort of lighting does it have inside? you may need to cut a bit of the plant back. Have you looked into overwintering?

im new at this and have no idea what overwintering is lol so should i just keep it inside as it is getting close to winter here in new zealand

It looks good, but if you are seeing leaves fall off regularly, you might try cutting it back a bit and increasing the light. A bigger pot wouldn't hurt either.

Back