• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water How important is it to boil/set out tap water to remove Cl- before watering?

totally disagree with this....if you use too much peroxide, it kills the beneficial microbes/bacteria in your soil and without those microbes/bacteria, you are severely limiting your plants potential...I never use peroxide unless my plants show signs of root rot, then I use 1 Tbsp/gallon...

as far as chlorine in your tapwater goes...my plants get it straight from the tap and have been for several years...doesn't seem to be hurting them...I have plants that are over 5 feet tall already and loaded with pods...

again, the number of plants you grow makes a difference as to how they are treated and what they get...you can futz with a few plants and "help" them along any way you want, but when you grow hundreds of plants, you just don't have time to painstakingly care for each plant...

remember this, the number one killer of chili plants is the person growing them...put them out, leave them alone (besides keeping an eye out for aphids/mites/etc), feed about once a month or so and they will grow well for you...your basic soil is the key to the "leaving them alone" statement...

I'll +1 that!
I prepared my pepper bed by tilling, testing the soil and spading in the recommended amendments in the recommended amounts and put the chiles in the ground. After that, the only thing I add is water and mulch. Cheers

I'll +1 that!
I prepared my pepper bed by tilling, testing the soil and spading in the recommended amendments in the recommended amounts and put the chiles in the ground. After that, the only thing I add is water and mulch. Cheers

You would never use H202 in ground lol Only in a container. H202 indeed kills the microlife in the soil so only use it with a stnthetic fertilizer program. Same thing with chlorine, it will slow the microlife in the soil not hurt the plant. If you fertilizer is in-organic you may not need to worry.

Thats why there is Hygrozyme, look it up.

Back