• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How long can I grow with the same Metal Halide lamp?

Hello,

my questions are:

How long can I grow Pepperplants under the same MH until the plants wont grow on (The MH wont work for the plants)?

How big could be the plants if they'll be every day 16 hours for 6 - 8 months under the MH?

PS: I'm planning for next season... I planned so ~104 or a bit more or less plants.

thanks for answering

greetings HotPepper-Fan

1) MH will always be effective; but will lose lumes once its turned on. You can't really judge how rapidly as it varies bulb to bulb. There are luxometers for sale to see how you bulb is producing. On average I have come across number such as 15 percent loss over 2 years for cheaper bulbs 4 year for higher quality. I have been running a digilux 400w MH for 16/8 for 4.5 months and my buddies luxometer says it is still throwing out 43,500 lumens. Remember you may have to convert lux to lumen.

2) How big will you plants get... depends on the plant... some of mine are over three feet after 4.5 months.

A metal halide is all you need. It is not a mtter of how long or how many plants it is a matter of square foot. A 400watt MH light will give you a 3'x3' area or so. The higher the watt the more spread.

Back