• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds How long do they REALLY take to germinate? Here's how long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.
I put them in egg cartons almost three weeks ago and into a hot water cupboard - it's definitely not as warm as I would like but..
I've had a couple of Trinidad Moruga Yellows come up. One I think I steamed too much with my heating pad but that's a different story.
A Jonah is just showing its face.
Two Bhut jolokias.
A few scotch bonnets.
3 or 4 Fatalis.
A Rocoto JUST.
Purple jalapeno.
Caribbean Red.
Congo Trinidad.
Pity - the Bonda ma Jacques, Douglahs, naga Morichs and a few others aren't showing their faces.
I'm leaving them in the cupboards until they get their third leaf. One fatali already has (Bar the one I've killed) and it's on the heating pad in the sun.
Unfortunately, I think I used the pad wrong. I've got a 40 cell tray with a plastic top with holes in it.
It gets intense sun through some glass until about 4pm and I've had it going 2 days and have basically had the plastic top on it the whole time. The Trinidad Moruga Yellow and Fatali I transplated there after their germination in the hot water cupboard have died - they look steamed. Is this the problem? My tomato seedling on the same pad in a tomato can with no top is THRIVING.
Is that the difference? Should I only put the top on when there's no sun? I don't mind, it's just the soil dries out far quicker without the top. I'll post this in another thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back