• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water How long without water...?

What's the longest that your plants have gone without watering or being rained on? I ask because today is now the 11th day since mine last received water, on May 18th. Granted, a family member f&^#ed up royally and bottom watered them for 7 HOURS, as opposed to the usual 15 minutes and they were absolutely saturated with water. Some initial damage, but nothing too serious. I still didn't think they would go this long, and the thing is they look better than ever.

I thought "How the h*ll would two fingers help?"

Then I reacted like WickedMojo.

What's the longest that your plants have gone without watering or being rained on?

I don't know, but this time a year when the plants are fairly small and the temps are low a couple of weeks isn't uncommon. Use your finger(s), and also lift your pots - the weight will give you a good idea of how moist the soil is.

That is a hard question to answer without knowing what size the plants and pots are. If they are transplant size in 5 gal pots, they could easily go 2 or 3 weeks in the spring when temps aren't too high. If they are still in cups, the most I have went is about a week. Best way to know is to feel the soil and see how moist it is. Although, peppers don't need a whole lot of water and if they are not wilting, they are not too dry.

jacob

I always go by the weight of the pot. Freshly watered pots are noticeably heavier than one needing water. The next time you are watering pick up a watered pot and one you haven't watered yet. You'll notice the difference right away.

Blister said:
I always go by the weight of the pot. Freshly watered pots are noticeably heavier than one needing water. The next time you are watering pick up a watered pot and one you haven't watered yet. You'll notice the difference right away.

This is what I do. I also water from the bottom so when they are in their smaller pots you can look in the drainage holes and see how how wet they are too. It doesn't hurt them to wilt a little between

Back