How many amps do I need of lighting for a normal 10x10 in an inside booth?

This is my first year of registering for state fairs and doing indoor booth at some big fairs across connecticut.

The first one I am applying to vend at has an entrance fee of $600 for 3 days for vendors (+10% for a corner booth) and if you want electricity, it comes with a single 110v hookup.  It adds $10 per 10A over that 100v/10A freebie.

10 up to 100A.

I would imagine I would need indirect lighting inside the tent once the sun goes down so people can see the product.  But is 10A enough, or should I bump that up to 20 or 30A and use a power strip and several indirect lights?

No one can answer this without knowing what your draw is. 

If you're talking about a couple lights and charging a phone, your need is minimal. If you're talking about setting up a massive display with 1000 lights and TV monitors and having a DJ pants off dance off, your draw will be considerably larger. 

SalsaLady will likely be your best bet since she's an electrician. But you'll need to post up your exact electrical set-up for anyone to help. 

A flood light on either front corner aimed at the table from each side and 2 along the back of the tent for seeing backstock, wash station, etc...4 lights x 75 watts each=300 watts = 2.5 amps

The single 110v circuit that is supplied with the booth should be Plenty for what you need.  If you were using several food warmers or electric deep fryer or something for a food vending booth, you would need to look at upping the requirements.  For general lightng, you can have up to 1400 watts on a single 15amp circuit.

The 10 amp circuit throws me for a loop, 15 amp is the minimum we deal with.  Anyway, using the same equation, you can run 960 watts on a 10 amp circuit.

salsalady said:
A flood light on either front corner aimed at the table from each side and 2 along the back of the tent for seeing backstock, wash station, etc...4 lights x 75 watts each=300 watts = 2.5 amps

The single 110v circuit that is supplied with the booth should be Plenty for what you need.  If you were using several food warmers or electric deep fryer or something for a food vending booth, you would need to look at upping the requirements.  For general lightng, you can have up to 1400 watts on a single 15amp circuit.

The 10 amp circuit throws me for a loop, 15 amp is the minimum we deal with.  Anyway, using the same equation, you can run 960 watts on a 10 amp circuit.

What about the pants-off dance-off? 
:dance: 

5 gallon water container with a spigot $10 at a BigBox store
5 gallon bucket to catch water
soap
paper towels
a table to set the water jug on......

Even if I'm not serving food, I can't seem to function without a bleach bucket and towel.  Sauces always get spilled/dripped.  With a plastic table cloth and a bleach rag, the table stays clean and sanitary.

Sam & Oliver said:
Also, since im not serving food they said i didnt need a wash station. Was there a link for a simple diy one i can make?

Typically you'll need a simple gravity-fed system just for sampling. 

A full 3-compartment sink is generally required for food preparation (soap, bleach, rinse) but for sampling you'll still likely have to have a handwashing. I've never heard of a festival that didn't require this. 

They're simple to assemble - you need a 5 gal container with a spigot that allows for free-flowing water, pump soap and paper towels with a 5 gal bucket for waste water containment. 

Here's a diagram: 
handwashing+diagram.jpg

salsalady said:
Even if I'm not serving food, I can't seem to function without a bleach bucket and towel.  Sauces always get spilled/dripped.  With a plastic table cloth and a bleach rag, the table stays clean and sanitary.

Always beatin me to the punch. But I had the diagram - ha! 
:woohoo: 

:D

Sam & Oliver said:
Nice. Thanks.

Side note: uline seems like the goto place for a lot of schtuff
I sleep with a u-line catalog under my pillow.

More because they keep sending me another one seemingly every 5 days...

lol 

They're definitely a go-to resource for me though. The restaurant supply store too - that's where I got my fancy $99 water container. I'll have to buy another soon, as my counties are about to require hot water & I have the nice insulated ones. 

cambro for insulated hot water!  fo sho~   Camping supply blue 5 gallon spigots for room temp water.

Love U-Line, but they are not necessarily the cheapest, especially for something like a 5 gallon spigot. For those traveling and shipping to a show or something, you can get 2.5 gallon containers of water in most every wallyworld type store for about $3. Saves packing/transporting an empty 5 gallon container.

I had a diagram from a farmers market org somewhere and it was building a 4' tall platform with scrap lumber and integrated soap dispenser with a self contained waste receptacle.... :crazy:...... :lol:    Like what Scott showed...Water container on a table with a bucket catch.... that is as simple as it gets...

Even the indoor national festivals require a simple system like what Scott posted for anyone offering samples.  That's where the 2.5 gallon containers purchased at a store in the event town come in handy.

Back