• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

pickling How many people out there put mustard and pickles in a bowl of soup.?

TB & canuk both of your meals dont sound nasty at all.

as for mustard in general, thats straight up sick nasty stuff! I see mustard as a ingredient for hot sauce I put the bottle down & move on. mustard seed is ok because its not that nasty.

but I think I got you all beat for the nastiest combo! my grandpa would pour ketchup on his ice cream & eat it like that or other times he'd put cooked mixed vegetables with ice cream & then pour ketchup on it all & eat it :sick: I dont know about you all but I just cant see how that combo would even taste good. but then again he was polish :lol:

canuk - :lol: since your wife likes ketchup ask her if she'd eat it with ice cream, she what she says :lol:

the 1st time I saw my grandpa do that my jaw just dropped, I'm like oh my God thats just nasty :lol:

chilehunter said:
canuk - :lol: since your wife likes ketchup ask her if she'd eat it with ice cream, she what she says :lol:

the 1st time I saw my grandpa do that my jaw just dropped, I'm like oh my God thats just nasty :lol:
I did My wife said katsup is good on anything but icecream...My little one said mustard rocks but not with ice cream lol..

RB - I looked up what marmite is, it looks very thick & lip smacking, not in a good way, with that combo of peanut butter & marmite it seems you'd need a good ammount of liquid to eat & wash that sandwich down :lol:

You don't have Marmite in the US :shocked: You'll either love it or hate it, it's a required taste. The nearest thing I can say it tastes like is beef stock cubes/beef gravy granules. In Australia they have Vegemite which is basically the same thing.

I have no idea what marmite is... Well I do because I looked it up, but haven't seen it.

Hmm... I'll eat ketchup on almost anything. meat, chicken, rice, mashed potato and so on.
Mayo is pretty good as well. goes well with meat, chicken, sandwiches, eggs (for that double egg cholesterol experience!) and many other things!
Never tried any of those in a soup, or on some ice cream.

rainbowberry said:
You don't have Marmite in the US :shocked:

I have not seen marmite or vegemite where I live, but I also dont go looking for it either :lol: we have peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches or grilled ham & cheese sandwiches. these are very common in USA

We have the same sandwiches here chilehunter , Vegimite is best on toast at breakfast
Marmite is posion... Vegemite is made from beer yeast and is salty and delicious you just don't need too much.

chilehunter said:
we have peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, these are very common in USA
It sounds horrible but then again I've never tried it. In the UK some people eat Peanut Butter and strawberry jam sandwiches, I've never had any desire to try it. Have you ever had chilli peanut butter? I haven't but Woody sells it. I've been tempted to mix chilli powder in the peanut butter jar as I assume it's made in a way like that, never done it though.

rainbowberry said:
Have you ever had chilli peanut butter? I haven't but Woody sells it. I've been tempted to mix chilli powder in the peanut butter jar as I assume it's made in a way like that, never done it though.
I'm pritty sure CaJohn makes one.

RB - I dont like PB&J either. jelly I dont like & I dont care that much about peanut butter but will eat it.
all this talk about vegemite & marmite has me curious about the taste of it. I'll keep an eye out for the stuff when I go grocery shopping & if I see it I'll buy some to try. but I've never seen it around.

CH..marmite and vegemite? Careful what you wish for.. I have had both. Like RB said..you either love it or hate it. In my case...hate it with "extreme prejudice".
Cheers, TB.

Back