• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How Many Peppers will a Naga Morich...

plant produce in one season, on average? 1st year plant that appears to be on pace to grow 4 -5 foot tall. Curious, as one of my nagas is a monster, the other not so much.

Well it depends on the conditions but My naga morich had a bad (and very late) start and was left to fend for itself for a while and I still got about 250 good size ripe pods off it....

Given the right conditions, a TON! I saw a pic that Mark from TheChileMan.org posted of a single harvest from a single plant of his, it was jaw dropping. there had to be at least 60-100 pods on a SINGLE harvest!!!

moyboy said:
Well it depends on the conditions but My naga morich had a bad (and very late) start and was left to fend for itself for a while and I still got about 250 good size ripe pods off it....

250 is a good lot!

imaguitargod said:
Given the right conditions, a TON! I saw a pic that Mark from TheChileMan.org posted of a single harvest from a single plant of his, it was jaw dropping. there had to be at least 60-100 pods on a SINGLE harvest!!!

Shit! That is a lot of nagas. Looks like I better opt for the high capacity de-hydrator. My one plant is already 3 ft, branched out like crazy and loads of flowers and small pods!!!

I am afraid of the Naga's I have in the ground - it was a very late start to the season for me, and I thought that I had missed my chance to get any pods - yet, here we are getting into winter, and the two plants are just starting to set a couple of pods, and still flowering. I reckon that I will have so many Naga's next year that I won't know what to do with them all, two second year plants, several hundred pods each.....

I had better not let these guys die over winter, but it just might be that it is warm enough here for them to go year round.

dreamboat

I don't know about the average, I think it would depend on how early you started, growing conditions, tecniques etc. I've had plants with as few as 100 pods but then one with around 2500 pods

POTAWIE said:
I don't know about the average, I think it would depend on how early you started, growing conditions, tecniques etc. I've had plants with as few as 100 pods but then one with around 2500 pods

Jeez, I've got 9 Naga plants going: 1 Bih, 4 Bhut and 4 Dorset. And a few of those plants are already looking huge. Will those peppers air dry in the sun OK? I have a dehydrator, but hate to run it 24/7.

POTAWIE said:
Most peppers won't air dry in my climate. What's the humidity like in Gainsville?

I'm about 30 miles West of DC and it can get humid here during the summer. Peppers like Japones, small pods, I can just throw in a paper bag and they will dry fine inside the house. Thick walled stuff doesn't do as well. Never had my hands on a Naga before, so I don't know.

very early in the season last year I am still using the peppers that I dried - I pulled at the very least 250 off of this one I had 3

dsc00703ci3.jpg

Back