• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How many pods on a Trinidad 7Pot plant?

this is a question with so many variables invoved that all you are going to get are numbers of pods that people have gootten off plants, but unless you can replicate their exct growing scenario you will not the same resutls. i have a brain strain right now that has about 30 little pods on it and i have harvested 9 pods so far with 3 more turning. so if i keep it alive i made get a couple hundred off it maybe

My 7 pot reds have been much more productive than my my brainstrain or butch t plants. They are in early podding so I cannot put an exact number on my plants, but the 7 pots in general seem hardier.

Are they already in the ground now?

Nope, one more week until plant out.

11-14 on the Brain Strains, 16 on the red scorpion and 22 no wait............23 on the yellow 7 pot. Give or take.

spongebob.jpg

Good one, Patrick!

I agree with the variables answer. In MY experience, in ground does not net as much as you can get if you grow in a pot/bucket. Ferts play a role. Whether or not the plant has good genes. Weather. It's honestly hard to say. But, if one were to put a solid guess on it, depending on even the TYPE of 7 Pod, you will probably harvest a solid 50, give or take 40. lol​

figure a pound a plant...that's a good rule of thumb..

Good info, folks.

I had 10 bhut plants last year that produced in a range of 50 - 200 pods per plant so variablity is expected. Not expecting the TS Mississippi Monsters that AJ had, though!

My work horse plants with be the Brain Strains, from Cappy's seeds They're looking really healthy and I plan to make some killer sauces with them.

Its always fun trying new varieties.

Thanks for taking it with a sense of humor MrBw.

Hope you plan on sharing those killer sauce recipes. Best of luck to you.

Great question. Like the others say depends on variables such as soil content and weather. During the summer my plants seem to almost shut down mass pod producing. But this winter was a whole different story. My favorite yellow 7 plant has been producing big fat pods. Here is a pic of it a month ago. Had about 20 pods on it. I can only imagine how it would preform in the ground. Loading up again as we speak

IMG_3273.jpg

And my red 7 pod is in a 3 gallon and had about 15 pods on it .This pick was taken a while back but it contues to reload, In ground I bet It would have double that. I stuck one 7 pod in the ground and left this guy In it's container . It will be interestig to see which one does better over the nasty summers I get.

IMG_3223.jpg

My two brain strains are twice as tall as the red 7's and yellows but have only produced half the pods .

I grew two Brain Strain plants (original seeds from Cappy) in 2009, one in a 5 gallon container and the other in a 7 gallon. Both did 105 pods, which, due to their basically inedible nature, gave me a lifetime supply of powder. Not to mention a bunch of pods still in a freezer bag. For some reason, I'm growing another BS plant this year. I'm just a masochist.

Back