• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds How many seeds to a pot?

Ok I have some REAL hot jalapeno's from the store that I've purchased the other day and I would like to know How many seeds do you plant in pot?

By the way I have a seed packet.

One.

You can plant more than one, but you're going to have to remove one of the plants at some point. As I've pointed out, I'm lazy. I start my seeds the way I want them to stay until they go into the garden.

Pam said:
One.

You can plant more than one, but you're going to have to remove one of the plants at some point. As I've pointed out, I'm lazy. I start my seeds the way I want them to stay until they go into the garden.
Thanks for the reply Pam, I don't mind transplanting them to a different container or my garden plot this spring!

By the way Pam I've watched Barefoot contessa this morning and she was chopping Jalapeno's and hers jalapeno seeds looked white and not black and yellow like mine did.

So could that be another reason mine may be bad seedlings?

Derek, I would think that there might be something wrong with them if they are Black. 99.9% of the time it's one but I am guilty of occasionally dropping in an extra if I think I may have difficulty with that variety.

Dale

What Pam said - One

If your seeds are black (and they are not of C. Pubescense) then they are bad. Don't bather planting them.

I plant two seeds, weither it be a pot or starter trays. This doubles the chances of getting it to sprout. If one doesn't sprout then I have a back up so that I am not wasting my time waiting for nothign to come up. If both of them sprout than I choose the heathiest of the two and rip out the other one.

Thank you guys, I mean the seeds are not black but they are black on the outsides more like a black ring around them and they were YELLOW but they've lighten up some since I've started watering them on day one!

Pam said:
Where did you get the seeds?
I got the seeds from a store, Or do you mean my first bunch?

If you mean my first bunch I've took them out of a jalapeno that was very ripe and kind of big for a jalapeno, Anyways I've wipe them off and put them on the towel like I said I did in another thread!

Back