• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How much and how close on artificial light?

This was my first season growing and I had some solid success and some even more epic failures.  It was a learning year and, that said, next season I hope to do better.

In May, I bought a selection of Sugar Rush seedlings on an impulse.  Bad impulse.  All six plants were shipped jammed in a sfrb.  The tops on 5 of them were snapped off and they looked like a coin toss, at best, for survival.  On top of all else, the damn things arrived with aphids I had to deal with.  

I decided to try my first artificial light grow in my air conditioned workshop.  I purchased this light fixture

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F82M8YA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and rigged a PVC stand that was adjustable for distance from the plants.  My problem is that, while the plants all survived, I keep getting yellowed and burned leaves and they just don't look healthy.  They are still pretty small but all have a few ripening pods.  

Long way round the barn to my question.  Given the specs on the fixture, how high above the plants and how many hours a day do you more experienced growers think would be optimal?

I crossposted this in Growtech as well but I sure could use some input.  These six plants are puzzlers for sure

Back