• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How much Heat is to much for PUBES

I have a few (orange, red, yellow) C. Pubescens next to windows that are still providing a few ripened pods from earlier sets, but no new sets as of late. I'm hoping that these overwintered plants will provide some early spring pods for more of the best poppers I've ever tasted.

BTW, I got some yellow Manzanos @ 165 days from seed burial (2-4-10) this season on 7-19-10. I hope to get pods sooner from the second year plants.

I have a few (orange, red, yellow) C. Pubescens next to windows that are still providing a few ripened pods from earlier sets, but no new sets as of late. I'm hoping that these overwintered plants will provide some early spring pods for more of the best poppers I've ever tasted.

BTW, I got some yellow Manzanos @ 165 days from seed burial (2-4-10) this season on 7-19-10. I hope to get pods sooner from the second year plants.

Me too, SS. I'm overwintering my one Manzano after the freeze. Doing fine and starting produce leaves from the nubs already. I think year two will be more productive. I *really* want to get these things to work. It's now a challenge for me, and especially so since I seem to like the flavor.

It and the Onza Roja were my two really nice surprises this year.

Back