How much screwing around is good for business?

Some screw around is good for business.
Some screwing around is bad for business.
How do you decide where the balance point is?

Going to have a pre frost sale.  Thinking of the motto: "Send me $10.00 and I will set your asshole on fire".  What do you think, too much?

ajdrew said:

Going to have a pre frost sale.  Thinking of the motto: "Send me $10.00 and I will set your asshole on fire".  What do you think, too much?

Personally I like irreverent.  Many people/businesses get caught up in taking themselves far too seriously.  Recently read a book called 'Fun is Good'.  Loved it and recommend it for any entrepreneur.  I believe a good basic rule is to always poke fun at yourself and never make fun of anyone else.  

ajdrew said:

Lol I like a lil spirited razzing compells me to act "if you don't send me $10 I can't put a hurtin on your ass." Or "I hate to be a pain in the ass so send me $10 so I will feel better about it." Lmao damn I need a beer hahahaha

Yeah - cursing is a touch off-sides. I like to play around too, and humor is great, but since you know some people will be offended by foul language and you can make the same joke without the word asshole, there's really no point in crossing the line unnecessarily. 

It's less about screwing around and more about your "give-a-fuck-o-meter". If you don't care that you're offending people, say whatever you like - but if you believe that it's smarter to not exclude a portion of the population by knowingly saying something that might offend, then maybe best to not say it or phrase it that way. 

It is in your immediate control, after all - and by virtue of posting this, I am assuming you do care a bit? 
:cheers: 

D3Monic, if there's a frost alert I gotta do something with the field stock.  Even if I can bring it all in quick, what to do with it?  When I was farmers market focused, I could have a sale at market and then anything left that I could not process for home use would go to the food pantry.  Still trying to figure out mail order.

Back