• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How often to add n00ts...?

I have a supplier of a bird guano/chicken poop based liquid fertiliser, which is mixed 15 parts water to one part juice...

How often should I use this on my plants?

Would I use it throughout the growing season or only when I see a problem?

Cheers!

I'd only apply anything with high nitrogen early in the growth cycle or you'll have big green plants with no flowers or pods. For the most part you need a well balanced fertilizer
What's the N/P/K ratio on your nutrients?

POTAWIE said:
I'd only apply anything with high nitrogen early in the growth cycle or you'll have big green plants with no flowers or pods. For the most part you need a well balanced fertilizer
What's the N/P/K ratio on your nutrients?

No idea, as it's in unmarked barrels, and there is nothing on the advertising pamphlet, other that the statement that the liquid does in fact contain all of the above.

I also have seaweed extract in liquid form...

What would you recommend?

I would recommand not using anything if you don't know what's in it. The NPK value is key as you don't want to over fertilize your plants. If the NPK is 2-50-5 and you use a lot your plants and gonna die, however if it's 2-5-5 that's what I used this season and used it every 4th watering you should be fine. So if you don't know the value how can we tell you how much to use? Toss whatever your trying to use now and go to the store and get some fert that is rated.

the seaweed extract should contain a npk of 0-0-1 from what i researched. Now u say guano right, if do not know the npk you can still use it because liquid guano is organic and cannot be over used but i would cut it back to every 3-4 weeks. ( others may disagree ). I dont recommend throwing it away just yet, remember use it sparingly but you'll also need a supplemental fertilizer like miracle gro all purpose to assist. DO not over fertilizer on the miracle gro though either.

peppermanbaha said:
the seaweed extract should contain a npk of 0-0-1 from what i researched. Now u say guano right, if do not know the npk you can still use it because liquid guano is organic and cannot be over used but i would cut it back to every 3-4 weeks. ( others may disagree ). I dont recommend throwing it away just yet, remember use it sparingly but you'll also need a supplemental fertilizer like miracle gro all purpose to assist. DO not over fertilizer on the miracle gro though either.

I did once and this happened to the girlfriend!
littleshop1.jpg

i HAVE DONE MORE DAMAGE WITH sorry fertilizers than without, but they are key and have been learning to go as sparingly as i can now.

ROFL!

Things are less legislated in Africa as you can imagine, so lack of info doesn't necessarily mean it's suspect, as it would in a civilised country. However, I think proceeding with caution is sound advice, and I'll get hold of the mnfr and ask him directly.

Reason I went for the stuff originally is that it was recommended by a pepper grower, and word of mouth is usually reliable.

Thanks, fellas!

I currently use MG tomato food 18-18-21 once every two weeks.
1 tbl spoon bone meal 6-9-0 once per month.
1 tbl spoon epsom salt per gallon of water for foliar feeding once a week.

Back