• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

Hey mate I'm new to growing, only been on here recently too! I brewed for about 3-4 years but thinking of getting back into it when the weather cools off a bit? Put a brew on about a month ago but couldn't keep the temp down and turned out a bit average! Also with the seed swapping I don't have a lot but I'd be keen to swap a few? Say 10 butch t scorpions, and got some really nice Thai chilli seeds and some Jamaican yellows, can't give you an exact germ rate but for me I planted around 18 of the above mixed and 2-3 from each variety have already popped up? Pretty happy since its my first time growing from seed, the Thai's are great for cooking, plenty of spice and a good flavour. Let me know if you're interested? Even if you only sent me 5-10 of each? I'd be happy! I know the other guys on this forum probably have hundreds floating around though! Haha :)

Also I've got a grasshopper infestation on my basil and chillis had caterpillars last week, got rid of them with the dust I use for my tomatoes but any good tips for grasshoppers?

bloody hell!!!! bloody grubs are still at it!! I've been spraying that yates catapillar stuff and the beat a bug garlic spray and I thought it was getting better but I'm still losing chilies! two morugas down and about 5 aji pancas and countless jamacains!! I'm not going to have anything left!!!

bloody hell!!!! bloody grubs are still at it!! I've been spraying that yates catapillar stuff and the beat a bug garlic spray and I thought it was getting better but I'm still losing chilies! two morugas down and about 5 aji pancas and countless jamacains!! I'm not going to have anything left!!!
Have u just asked them to leave :)

Ok so hammered and just made a mad drunk chef meal and didn't take any dam pics!!! Going to make it again and post it tomorrow on the drunk chef post was so good, may cause a heart attack mind u

Hi All,
Just joined and have been growing for a few years, have had good success with jalapeno and poblano, but scotchbonnet and habanero have always struggled
but only recently got a little more interested after picking up some scotchbonnet and habanero plants at last years freo chillie festival.
Also get into texas style barbeque and do some homebrewing.
I think I have read all the pages in the perth thread, but didnt notice any talk of seed swapping, do you guys ever swap seed? would love to get some seed for some of the more extreme chillies

Cheers

sinkas
It's because our seed swap is secret. It's all done down seedy alleyways behind closed doors....
What are you looking for and what do you have?
Welcome btw.

It's because our seed swap is secret. It's all done down seedy alleyways behind closed doors....
Welcome btw.
Welcome to the forum.
There is a sort of initiation involved before you get access to seed swapping. It involves a bit of running around in public nude and you may lose a little blood. Do you have true dedication to chilli?

ANTS?
I have recurrently had problems with my in ground plants getting a sht load of black ants craling up and what looks like eating around the buds, they dont seem to stop fruit setting, but I presume they dont help
anyone got any experiance getting rid of excess ants? without killing off everything?

Goat the goat( in photo look orange but more peach in person)
8FEF9F27-B3EE-478C-80CB-9C1D3E6BA500-204-0000002E5EBFE61F_zps74ec1ca9.jpg

179E9041-8FC0-4E88-B511-10E19978B061-204-0000002E8271DE74_zpsfa294afb.jpg

And a big bhut

3218293B-D420-499F-BB77-C18817E928F4-204-0000002EB9CD5B87_zps84619e12.jpg

Welcome btw.
I see,
cheers,
yeh I only have some scotch bonnet, and orange habanero, poblano

interested in anything really, woudl like to get some bhut, some choc habanero and some bishops hats if possible

Thought this was a gif. was waiting for a radio dish antenna to appear ;)

Talking about somewhere to meet up how about...?

chilli-top-menu-2.jpg

The Go for 2&5 Araluen Fremantle Chilli Festival takes place over the weekend of the 9th and 10th March 2013 on the Esplanade Reserve in Fremantle commencing at 10am to 5pm both days.

hot fish going crazy....nothing else doing anything...

Im pulling out tomatoes etc on the weekend, going to throw in some dynamic lifter into the sandpit and some compost and replant my potted chillis in there....

Reactions: nee
Talking about somewhere to meet up how about...?

chilli-top-menu-2.jpg

The Go for 2&5 Araluen Fremantle Chilli Festival takes place over the weekend of the 9th and 10th March 2013 on the Esplanade Reserve in Fremantle commencing at 10am to 5pm both days.

I should mention there was a licensed area last year.

So that means lots of free samples of chilli products, plus alcohol, plus food. What more could you ask for? :D

Update time!

Red and Yellow Jamaicans in full swing! I'm managing to get a few after the grubs take what they want.
P1030640_zps5f20831b.jpg

P1030641_zps07e76ae5.jpg

Brain Strain Getting loaded up! Scary looking pods!
P1030642_zpsdcc2c9ae.jpg

P1030647_zpsefcbcba0.jpg

Red Rocoto finally doing what it should have months ago!
P1030650_zps4cc8464d.jpg

Aji Limon
P1030652_zps76b1b8fb.jpg

Aji Panca Loaded up and some in the middle starting to ripen. Grubs have shown some interest in these so i'm not sure what I'll end up with.
P1030653_zps46373fcf.jpg

P1030654_zpsd68b27d2.jpg

Carolina Reaper just starting to grow some flower buds now. I accidently retarded its flowering until recently, but it kept on growing upward. Now its two foot tall. I think this thing will get very heavy with pods now that it has so many places to grow them from. I'm really looking forward to this
P1030658_zps7b8b83ba.jpg

P1030657_zps1294e5c3.jpg

Update time!

Red and Yellow Jamaicans in full swing! I'm managing to get a few after the grubs take what they want.
P1030640_zps5f20831b.jpg

P1030641_zps07e76ae5.jpg

Brain Strain Getting loaded up! Scary looking pods!
P1030642_zpsdcc2c9ae.jpg

P1030647_zpsefcbcba0.jpg

Red Rocoto finally doing what it should have months ago!
P1030650_zps4cc8464d.jpg

Aji Limon
P1030652_zps76b1b8fb.jpg

Aji Panca Loaded up and some in the middle starting to ripen. Grubs have shown some interest in these so i'm not sure what I'll end up with.
P1030653_zps46373fcf.jpg

P1030654_zpsd68b27d2.jpg

Carolina Reaper just starting to grow some flower buds now. I accidently retarded its flowering until recently, but it kept on growing upward. Now its two foot tall. I think this thing will get very heavy with pods now that it has so many places to grow them from. I'm really looking forward to this
P1030658_zps7b8b83ba.jpg

P1030657_zps1294e5c3.jpg
Looks good mate! Really healthy looking plants. What's with these grubs? Do you know what they are? I'm getting little holes in my pods, bust em open and find a maggot looking little f**ker pooping all over the place . I'm interested in the varieties you have. Do you wana trade some seeds? I have shit loads of different seeds.

hot fish going crazy....nothing else doing anything...

My Hot Fish was the first plant to deliver me a pepper, and towards the end of winter whilst still indoors.
Besides that, the 2 Hot Fish plants i have have laid dormant ever since. I keep them alive for the sake of keeping them alive, but nothing really happens with them.

Nice pics David :) I couldn't get Aji Panca to sprout from a ton of seeds, good to see you have pods. Want to see what they end up like.

Back