How should I cook salmon?

I haz just purchased a pound of Atlantic Salmon. How should i cook it for max flavour?

Oh yeah i have plenty of hot sauce but only O habs to work with.

Novacastrian said:
I haz just purchased a pound of Atlantic Salmon. How should i cook it for max flavour?

Oh yeah i have plenty of hot sauce but only O habs to work with.

Saute some garlic in butter, add teh habs, then saute the salmon...deglaze with white wine if you have it, if not, hit it with the hot sauce and cream and reduce it. Remember to coat the salmon in flour first. Tres bon!

Smoke it and eat for breakfast in scrambled eggs, or on a bagel with cream cheese.

Why thankyou sir, it shall be done!

Edit: Just saw your post boss, no smoker here. (well not one that works anyway) :rofl:

You mean you're SOL with the UDS because of the IEH (improvised escape hatch)? :rofl:

Yes, thats the one! I am just going to wait until pippy makes MKII and go and relieve him of it...

This is something that will be on my plate very often from now on, i cannot believe that i haven't tried this before. Very basic but soooo good!

Thanks TB.

I actually went to the fish market to buy some oysters to make oyster kilpatrick but they were out so i bought a couple of Atlantic Salmon fillets instead. It went as follows.

Ingrediants-

Salmon
Butter
Cream
Orange habs (about 6 small ones)
Garlic (three medium cloves)
Biscombes Atomic Chilli sauce (around 2-3 tablespoons)
Plain flour
Pickled "hot" peppers as garnish (they aint hot)

Cooked as described by TB!

Tashs055.jpg

Saute garlic and habs
Tashs057.jpg

Thought i would make the cream a little bit hotter
Tashs058.jpg

Fish in
Tashs059.jpg

Very nice!

Plop a few capers on top and it looks like TB's. :) Nicely done.

Hophead said:
Wish i had pickled hot peppers at my grocery store you Aussies must be spoiled. :eh:

I picked them up from a fresh food grocer about 20 minutes away, apart from that the only place i have seen them is in Sydney markets and they are a 120+ mile drive away.

I am sure that if i looked hard enough i would find some closer though. These were $4.70 a jar which isn't too bad i suppose.

Hophead you can't get pickled peppers? That's strange. Check near the pickles and relish.

Will keep an eye out for them - i can find roasted sweet peppers and pickled sausages don't recall chili peppers tho - I need to go grocery shopping soon anyways i will post if i find a jar......other then canned jalapenos i don't think we have them around here.

Back