How to incorporate orange habs into an italian dinner?

Any suggestions? I picked my first 3 ripe habs today and I am dying to eat them BUT we have a big italian spread tonight and I am not sure where they would taste good.

Black olive tapenade on garlic-y bread
home made sun dried baby roma's (I grew them, their called juliets) tossed into a linguine with tomato sauce and heavy on the fresh basil
Grilled rosemary pork tenderloin
fennel and kohlrabi salad (both sliced thin with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice)
rosso bruno tomatoes, fresh mozza, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic

Bottle of red, haven't decided what yet.

I think the hab's will probably throw off anything I put it in. Except perhaps if I used them to marinate the meat? Rosemary, garlic and instead of chili flakes, use a ripe hab?

Hmmmm - suggestions? Or, any suggestions on how to best enjoy fresh orange habs? This is my first hab experience, wanna make it good! :)

i vote for habs and eggs and bacon!

you could probably finely chop some and mix it with the olive and garlic bread. that certainly wouldn't suck.

They need to be in that olive tapenade! Not diced though, you need to really pulverize them.

you know. habs in olive tapenade is something I can definitely do! I'm not sure how that would taste as I've never had a hab before but I'm willing to give it a shot. I will pulverise one hab in olive oil using my magic bullet and then mix it into some of the tapenade. Will tell you how it went :)

Habs in the pork marinade was nixed by the wife. Or at least, I have to marinate mine separate from hers. She's not quite a chilihead. :|

Breakfast sausage and hab fritatta may be on the menu tomorrow though!

OK.

Hab tapenade done.

Took black olives, generous amount of salt, olive oil, a small shallot, clove of garlic and 1 hab. I don't have exact proportions but I made a very small batch. just a few ounces I think.

End result? Black olive tapenade (looks very black still) with an almost sweet flavour running thru it and a slow burning full mouth tingle. Aftertaste has a vague reminiscence of matouks carribean hot sauce. I can't say this is a perfect recipe but it's a LOT better then I expected.

I'm thinking white wine now though. Or a light beer. :)

Back