misc How to make a nutritional information panel

This is a quick overview on how to create your own nutritional information panel for your sauces. It is an Aussie site and is quiet easy to navigate your way through.

For anyone wanting to develop a sauce for sale to the public this information is a must.

If anyone has any questions I will attempt to answer them as best as I can. I am by no means an expert in this just wanted to share what I know.

http://viykor.com/images/nutritional_information.pdf

For those of use in the US, Here are a few other resources that are free. You may end up using the above link and transferring data over to the following.

Nutritional Panel Generator

Note: After generating the panel save page as PDF (you do this by printing the page and then choosing PDF from the drop down menu of available printers). The file will be editable in Illustrator except for the heading (a bitmap image) which you will need to replace. The program also automatically generates the DV percentages based upon a 2,000 calorie diet.

USDA National Nutrient Database

Nutrient profiles for nearly every food in the world.

Other Resources
FREE Editable NutritionFacts Label Template
This one is provided by Walle Packaging.

FDA Nutritional Labeling Guidelines

Last time I checked via Nc State Ag Dept and the FDA, most of those is not all of the simple "DIY" panels are for baking items only and is not permitted on items that fall under "acidic" or "non-acidic" food items such as sauces. You would need to have a licensed lab such as a University or private company produce them for you. Otherwise you have opened yourself up to a hole lot of hurt from a liability standpoint.

For those of use in the US, Here are a few other resources that are free. You may end up using the above link and transferring data over to the following.

Nutritional Panel Generator

Note: After generating the panel save page as PDF (you do this by printing the page and then choosing PDF from the drop down menu of available printers). The file will be editable in Illustrator except for the heading (a bitmap image) which you will need to replace. The program also automatically generates the DV percentages based upon a 2,000 calorie diet.

USDA National Nutrient Database

Nutrient profiles for nearly every food in the world.

Other Resources
FREE Editable NutritionFacts Label Template
This one is provided by Walle Packaging.

FDA Nutritional Labeling Guidelines

This information is actually from my website http://www.claytowne.com/beats-digging-ditches/how-to-make-a-nutrition-label-for-a-package-download-free-nutrition-label-samples/

I do packaging design and created a set of free editable nutrition panel temples for designers to use as well as a list of resources.

Glad you found it helpful but it's also good to cite the source.

Thanks.

Back