• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How to make/find a heatpad? And Biobizz questions

I got two questions, this year am trying out Biobizz producs i got BioGrow,BioBloom,Fishmix,Topmax.

Question is, shold i use BioGrow and Fishmix at the same time? Or wuld that cuse over fertilize?
Atm am using 1ml BioGrow per /L water. And no Biobloom as i just want the plant to get big atm.
When they are ready i will add Biobloom and topmax. Is this the right way to do it? Or shold i start add biobloom now even tought i dont want them to bloom within 4 weeks atleast?

Question number 2:

Heatpads for germination, what do you guys use? I was thinking of getting one heatpad for reptiles with a termostat but they are around $100-150 where i live. And dont know if they wuld work good?

Atm i use a heatlamp but it feels a bit tricky to get the right temp and 75w seems to be a bit overkill. So in the long way a heatpad for $100 is prolly worth it. So how did you make your heatpad?

/Newbe

orrevs-
Using a light as a heat source works but as you already know in the long run it's expensive, particularly if your electricity rates are high like mine and yours are. A 17 watt heat pad will heat as good if not better than a 75 watt light will.
A Seedling heat mat for US$24 is all you need. You can get the thermostat as well but it's not necessary for a seed starter- the mat doesn't need a thermostat and is perfectly safe to use without a thermostat.
Whupping up your own heat pad? I do enough stupid shit as it is, I don't think I need to go there! :lol:

Hi Hinky, i dont have a heatpad. I Garminated all seeds with my heat lamp so far. But it lasted for 2months then it said POFF so i was thinking a heatlamp is a bad idee in the long run, as its expensive to run, and it give more heat then wanted. so its tricky to get the 28-30c i want.

I was looking at heatmats for reptiles with termostat and the price for those was around $100. And thats kinda much.
I checked the link you gave me looks veary nice!! Thats what i am after and in a good price range! Thanks alot! Now i gotta figure out if they ship to sweden, also the power connector looks like a diff one, think USA and Sweden have diff Voltage.
But mybe i can find the same one in a EU shop! Thanks Agin!

Since my wife has got me hooked on Reptiles we have been looking at different heat pads. I have found that flex watt works pretty good. I have been thinking about using the flex watt for the plants. You can get it in 3, 4, 11, and sometimes 17 inch widths and can usually cut it in any length it is pretty cheep and you just have to solder a power cord to it or use the quick connects and I have been getting extension cord and cutting off the non plug end I put it on a dimmer switch for the reptiles and you can do the same for the plants depending on the heat that it outputs. One of the setups I did was I taped flex watt on the bottom of a ceramic tile for a snake if you put rubber feet or something on the corners to lift the tile up a little allow some air flow it should work well.

i got veary intressted in the Seedling heat mat price was ok, but i mailed them and asked if it supports 220v as USA have 110v or somthing right?
If not i guess i will try out reptile mat or the madical mat. :)
Thanks for response keep em comming in if you find more ways to slove it.

Back