• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds How to use botanicare nutrients for pepper seedlings?

I have the following botanicare nutes:

1. pure blend pro grow
  2. pure blend pro bloom
  3. liquid karma
  4. cal-mag

I went to botanicare website, and saw the recommended amount per gallon for seedlings (grow - 1.5tsp, bloom - 0tsp, karma - 1tsp, cal-mag - 1tsp)

Do i just get a gallon of water and combine the three nutes together? or what combos should be used? (grow,karma together), (cal-mag alone), etc. What about feeding schedule? I'll be dipping my seedling trays into the nutes for 30 min so they can bottom soak and then take them out. is that ok?

I just got some botanicare too (just pro grow & karma) and from what i have read here I am going to start using 1 tsp of Progro & 1.5 tsp of Liquid Karma per gallon of water. I just mix them together in the same gallon pitcher. I (try) not to water until just before they start to wilt. But i am still learning when that is ! :cool:

This is what I got from AJ. He switches to Pro Bloom later. Looking at AJ's operation, I'm going to run with this myself

AJ's Sprout Feeding

the plants have been getting a steady diet since before they poked their little hooks up. They have been getting about 1 tsp (5mil)of Botanicare Progro and 1.5 tsp (7.5 ml) of Liquid Karma per gallon of feed...everytime they get water, they get food....I make up the nutrient solution in 4 gallon batches...think of me as growing hydro in soil…

1/4 tsp. Botanicare and 1/3 tsp. Karma per quart.

Botanicare ProGro and Liquid Karma at the recommended rate for vegetative growth then switch to Botanicare ProBloom with Liquid Karma for flowering fruiting...I like Botanicare Cal/Mag Plus also when the plants need a little shot of something extra...

Hope this helps

PJ, You won't need the bloom or the cal-mag until later when the plants are much bigger. Mix in the same water both the grow and the karma. 30 minutes could easily be to long. Once the liquid soaks up into your growing mix it is good for a few days. Try not to saturate it so that the top of your mix gets to wet. Moist is ok, not slushy. Light and water will promote excess algae growth which is not good. Try watering so the moisture wicks up into the growing medium. This will help minimize the algae growth. It would increase your chances of experiencing "damp off". Here's an article about half way down the page.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/projects/yardandgarden/YGLNews/YGLNewsFeb12008.html

Good Luck

Mike

This is what I got from AJ. He switches to Pro Bloom later. Looking at AJ's operation, I'm going to run with this myself

AJ's Sprout Feeding

the plants have been getting a steady diet since before they poked their little hooks up. They have been getting about 1 tsp (5mil)of Botanicare Progro and 1.5 tsp (7.5 ml) of Liquid Karma per gallon of feed...everytime they get water, they get food....I make up the nutrient solution in 4 gallon batches...think of me as growing hydro in soil…

1/4 tsp. Botanicare and 1/3 tsp. Karma per quart.

Botanicare ProGro and Liquid Karma at the recommended rate for vegetative growth then switch to Botanicare ProBloom with Liquid Karma for flowering fruiting...I like Botanicare Cal/Mag Plus also when the plants need a little shot of something extra...

Hope this helps

Great information, I saved it into a MS document.
Thanks, Jack

Back