HPS Light (1000 Watt) Ballast (Life Time Warranty) Hood, Glass Shroud

New for all three was over 500$ US. The bulb doesn't have more than 50 hours on it tops.

You will need a decent fan to keep this baby cool, runs over 500% F on 1000 watt setting.

The Ballast is selectable: 500, 750, 1000 watts and super mode, 1200+.

270 $ Firm, includes shipping, continental US only. PayPal or Money Order.

lighthood.jpg

Rhody...

I SO wish my paychecks were better right now. I seriously need to upgrade from 400w for this winter. Whoever takes this is getting a good deal.

If only we could get our hands on Sulfur bulbs. Saw one at the inventor in Rockville, MD and saw a pair running all the time at the Air & Space Museum in DC. About the size of a golf ball, it rotates levitated on a stream of compressed air (~10 psi I think) while being bombarded with microwaves from a magnetron. It draws 5 kW while doing the work of (25) 1,000W HPS lamps and exactly duplicating the spectrum of an Autumn sun. No heavy ballasts either (magentrons aren't that big, especially when you liquid cool them)

you can actually buy the sulfur plasma stuff right now. just not at hugely impressive wattage's. they are not super uncommon with aquarium people.
are they really 5 times more efficient tho? i didnt think that was the case. i think the magnetrons are still prone to failure tho? like less than 10000 hours? idk

TBH digital ballasts are getting so so cheap... i dont see how anything but LED's will ever catch up to them in the short term. you can get a 400w ballast right now for 100 bucks, a 1000w for 200.

New for all three was over 500$ US. The bulb doesn't have more than 50 hours on it tops.

You will need a decent fan to keep this baby cool, runs over 500% F on 1000 watt setting.

The Ballast is selectable: 500, 750, 1000 watts and super mode, 1200+.

270 $ Firm, includes shipping, continental US only. PayPal or Money Order.

lighthood.jpg

Rhody...

thats a heck of a deal, wish i didnt already have one, or had room for another, allot of people do not realize how much 1,000 watts really is not, i have a computer that runs 3/4th that, and with the dimmer settings that is the one to have, even for over wintering

good luck with it

pepperdan,

Yeah, in a grow tent without ventilation, you can pretty much cook things real fast, the reflectivity was too much for my poor pepper plants even with 500 watts, I am going to run flourescents T5's instead. I even bought 40% shade cloth to dampen things down a bit that cost about 40$ I will throw that in too for an extra 20$ Maybe some folks can get better luck than I had. In room it would probably work fine, in a tent it is way too intense.

Rhody...

Someone please buy me.... I need a new home. I will light up your life and make your plants happy happy...

Rhody...

does that ballast have the metal halide switch on it too?, of course it would require another hood

and out of curiosity what type of fan where you running ?

PD,

A six inch 425 CFM fan, and I believe the ballast is good for HPS/MH.
The HPS bulb is about 14 inches long.
Again, ballast is selectable for 500, 750, 1000, 1200 watt setting.

Rhody...

I worked out a trade with another member for his 8 bulb T5 fluorescent setup,
Thanks for your interest. Admins may close this thread if they wish.

Rhody...

I am happy to report that a trade was negotiated, my HPS for another members 8 bulb T5, florescent fixture. The swap has been made, and his arrived in perfect condition (it better I carefully wrapped it), and I have yet to open his fixture, but will soon.

Will be using it for starting and overwintering plants, both vegetables and peppers.

Rhody...

Back