• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Huge Calyxes on Orange BBG7

There's not too much to report. This pod has seemed to hit its full size. I haven't noticed much of a change in it lately.

zh7DfFX.jpg

Here's a side view of the same pod showing the split calyx.

Bo6hOdW.jpg

Here are a couple of other pods from the same plant. Sorry it's blurry.

JnYbg2U.jpg

EUuTHXt.jpg

I'm hoping for color soon, but I think it'll be a while.

austin87 said:
Dang, sorry about the color. Very cool looking though.
Thanks! Yeah, it's kind of a bummer. Of my BBG7's, my Oranges turned Yellow and my Yellow turned Red. I already have a Red. So now I have 2 Reds, 2 Yellows, and no Oranges. The flavor on this one was interesting. The flesh was crisp and there was zero floral flavor. It had a clean Chinense flavor that reminded me of a White Fatalii but the heat was higher. I'd say it was as hot as a Yellow Bhut. It's kinda like a Hab but hotter...not quite superhot, at least this particular pod wasn't. But it did slowly build, lasted a while, then slowly dissipated. Interesting indeed.

-Adam

I wonder if our orange BBG seeds came from the same source. I have 6 plants all with very large calyx and so far 3 have turned out to be yellow. I'm guessing the other 3 will turn yellow as well.  Kind of a bummer as I already had 6 yellow BBG plants so I am going to end up with at least a few 5 gallon buckets full of yellow bbg pods..lol 

I did get lucky and a couple of my CBBG x CGN21566 plants are staying orange like their papa. 

Cheers 

FreeportBum said:
I wonder if our orange BBG seeds came from the same source. I have 6 plants all with very large calyx and so far 3 have turned out to be yellow. I'm guessing the other 3 will turn yellow as well.  Kind of a bummer as I already had 6 yellow BBG plants so I am going to end up with at least a few 5 gallon buckets full of yellow bbg pods..lol 

I did get lucky and a couple of my CBBG x CGN21566 plants are staying orange like their papa. 

Cheers
That very well could be. I got mine from Florisa (mpicante) and she tells me they came from Europe. I tried a yellow BBG7 from the other plant that was supposed to be orange and it had the normal floral BBG7 flavor. More toned down than the red. I kinda liked it. So I can think of worse pods to end up with 5 gallon buckets of than Yellow BBG7. Lol. Congratulations on your CBBG x CGN21566 orange! It sounds spectacular! I love the flavor of orange and peach pods. I'd love to try it someday.

-Adam

Bhuter said:
The plant continued to develop decent sized pods and I was able to save some seeds. Unfortunately, these don't seem to be as hot as my other yellow BBG7 which are larger and bumpy. These are about Habanero heat and have a Hab flavor as well. Fairly productive, though...compared to a normal red BBG7.

Those are some beautiful pods. I like the fact that they are around habanero heat level too. 
May I purchase some seeds from you for this variety?

President Trump said:
Those are some beautiful pods. I like the fact that they are around habanero heat level too. 
May I purchase some seeds from you for this variety?
Thank you very much! I have some seeds drying right now. It might take a few days, but I'll send some out to you. Pm me your address.

Mine did the same. Got the seeds from a friend (yellow bbg7) and not sure his source. Mine never grew out though and would drop the flowers. I didn't think any pods were setting until I cut this guy open. But never got a single pepper from the plant.

Back