• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Huge leaves a problem?

From what I understand, large leaves are from the plants trying to create more surface area to absorb more light.
Large leaves are a sign of vigorous growth, when lighting and temperature requirements, combined with high nitrogen levels, reach a crossroads.

Looking a little droopy there buddy. Better get them some water and make sure you're watering the soil, not the plant.
No sign of any problems though and yes, those are simply very healthy chinense plants.

spicefreak said:
Looking a little droopy there buddy. Better get them some water and make sure you're watering the soil, not the plant.
No sign of any problems though and yes, those are simply very healthy chinense plants.
its been a week i think ur right. I water with milk jugs so i never even hit the plant all soil. Im just waiting for these bastards to flower im getting impatient im ready for peppers!

Good. I've seen people mist them or pour from one of those large, colander tipped watering cans and it does the leaves no good at all. Even the humidity in my greenhouse has caused problems with some of the hotte, pickier chinenses.

Good to know didnt realize the water can affect the leaves. Do u recommend an epsom salt spray down every once in a while? I have been doing that at night bi-monthly give or take. Thanks man

I don't honestly know whether its advisable but, given your leaves aren't showing any signs of mould, I reckon you've got a dry enough environment that it isn't doing any harm. So no need to stop.

Back