• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Huge leaves, no new stems coming in, what should I do?

I have a few questions for you growers:
Some of my plants have huge leaves and dont look like they're growing more in. What can I do?
Also, my overwintered plants have some dead limbs. Should I cut them off right above the green or should I cut a little under where it turns green?
Any more tips would be appreciated too.

The OW plants are a year old, the new plants are about 2-3 months old.

Cut into green if you can. What fert are you using? Sometimes plants grow in sperts but if you are using a high nitro and lacking calcium or other building blocks it could hinder overall growth

Its tough to say without photos. How established are the plants, how many leaf sets? The plant(s) can possibly be in the mode to produce buds. If thats the 1st wave of them its possible that the new incoming foilage is at a temporary slowdown.

Greg

Currently they are fairly established, one set of leaves on the very top without any stems coming off it. I will be posting pictures tomorrow morning when my camera is charged.

Its tough to say without photos. How established are the plants, how many leaf sets? The plant(s) can possibly be in the mode to produce buds. If thats the 1st wave of them its possible that the new incoming foilage is at a temporary slowdown.

Greg

Just asked this on FB about the flower buds. It sounds like it may be the cause of the slow growth.

They're in 3gal pots right now, moved them up to 3gal from 4" last week. Would be awesome if they were growing that quick.

Just asked this on FB about the flower buds. It sounds like it may be the cause of the slow growth.

Who are you on facebook?

All my plants are outside in full sun. The issue isn't with sprouts, it's with 3 month old plants, that's why it's confusing me. Will be posting pictures shortly. Sorry it's taken so long, i've been busy with the kid today.

Back