• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Huge Praying Mantis

The Preying Mantis is an awesome creature. I try hatching them every year to help protect my garden of bugs but rarely do I have luck getting them to survive outside as other prey like birds or bugs eat them when their young. I'm going to order some this weekend and hatch them inside until their bigger before unleashing into the wild.

The myth of them being illegal to kill in the US is untrue, but like most creatures I'd hope people wouldn't. If you come upon one and they bite you by accident or defense I hear they hurt.

btw just an lil mantis tibit, I practiced Northern Preying Mantis Kung-Fu for many years, just goes to show I love the mantis :)

Pepp3rFreak said:
btw just an lil mantis tibit, I practiced Northern Preying Mantis Kung-Fu for many years, just goes to show I love the mantis :)

What style mantis? I've been doing northern style 7 star and secret gate mantis for 18 years.

UnNatural said:
What style mantis? I've been doing northern style 7 star and secret gate mantis for 18 years.

7 Star Mantis as well! I'm not familiar with the secret gate form but upon researching it looks fantastic. Your in the perfect area for a variety of many Kung Fu forms and Masters of the arts Chinese arts! I also practiced the Eagle Claw system I learnt from sifu Leung Shum who has a nice school in the city. Keep the traditions going!!!

Back