• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hurrican Irene Pepper Carnage. (Not for the faint of heart)

aed8f848.jpg

Doesn't get worse than this. I couldn't even sleep just listening to the howling winds all through the night. Does anyone know if this will shock the plants. I have a lot of peppers waiting to ripen and hope they don't stay at this stage.

prop them up, give 'em some love, I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone out there for their plants to pull through.

I have a plant with a branch that got half broke off. I propped the branch up and it's still attached enough that it's ripening pods and setting more flowers.

They are tougher than we usually give them credit for.

a15a3edc.jpg
d3256b0d.jpg
prop them up, give 'em some love, I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone out there for their plants to pull through.

I have a plant with a branch that got half broke off. I propped the branch up and it's still attached enough that it's ripening pods and setting more flowers.

They are tougher than we usually give them credit for.

That's the best I could do with limited supplies. They look pathetic but the weather for this weeks looks great. Hopefully it peps them back up.

dowels, sticks, tomato cages, whatever you can find to take a little stress off of the main stem... anything helps.

Hopefully another grower might chime in with a suggestion for nutrients to help them through the stress.

Hey, they still have their leaves! They should be fine! That is a normal occurrence around here, we've had at least 5 storms (3 in the last few weeks) this year with 60+mph winds and hail. All of my in ground plants have been flattened every time with or without "support" and they still keep on growing and producing!

When we are threatened with really hard winds or a night or two of frost, I build a little reinforced pepper fort.

4 rebar stakes at the corners, plywood walls, and a large tarp stretched over the top and tied to the ground. This has kept my plants safe from every harse weather event we've had.

Im sorry for your peppers, but they do look like they'll spring back from the dead.

Back