• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Hurry up and get here, 3/10

I've been waiting for this day for months and months. I can start a huge host of seeds - tomatoes, cabbage, the rest of the peppers, celery, several herbs and more peanuts.

Tomatoes and minimum number of seeds:
Roma - 30
Delicious - 75
Better Boy - 75
Beefsteak - 75
Florida 91 - 75
Cherry - 30
Green Sausage - 30
Siletz - 75
Red Zebra - 30
White - 30
Golden Monarch - 30
Striped Caravan - 30

Others:
Cabbage - 30
Broccoli - 30
Sweet Banana - 30
Tendercrisp Celery - 30
Holy Basil - 30
Thai Basil - 30
Zwolsche Celery - 30
Verde Tomatillo - 30
Cauliflower - 30
Marjoram - 30
Tarragon - 30
Peanuts - 40

I have probably forgot a couple of plants but this should be a good start! :crazy:

Mike

that's quite the load. that should keep you busy. It's this time of year you just wish you could fast forward a little bit don't you? a true test of patience.

I hear ya Mike. I am waiting for March 13th and then April 1st. After that I can just sit back and tend to the plants.

6 Roma tomato seedlings transplanted to potting soil and soaking up this delicious feast of photons.

My supersteak hybrids haven't sprouted yet. Still waiting to put bean seeds in, the way my Mom gets those things to grow, I'm afraid of them taking over the planet if I start now.

How hard are peanuts to grow? Sounds intersting.

Skydiver,

They are not suppose to be hard to grow but I am having one very hard time getting them to germinate. Sowed one batch of 40 seeds and every single one rotted. Sowed another batch of 20 ad two of them germinated (when planting in the ground, the recommendation is to put 2-3 seeds per hole, so the normal rate must not be that good). I sowed another 40 over the weekend (replacement seeds) so I will see how they do.

I couldn't wait and ended up sowing a few hundred tomato seeds last night!

Mike

Back