• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

HYBRID SUPERHOTS

Just got seeds and dried pod from AjiJoe. Can't wait to plant peach bhut's next season.
Mine would be t.s. brown (taste) - savannah 7 pod(heat)

Plant a few,at least 2 plants.
I kept 2 plants from the seeds I sprouted and got 1 that gets a few peach spots but goes to red.
The other starts out cream Yellow coloured with pink overtones.
VERY productive plants-both of them.Peach was more productive,58 pods picked today and probably 10+ in the spring.
Plant isn't that big either.

The red one,in the spring had more peach on them before turning red.
I've left the true peach pods on the plant until they started drying out so I know it isn't going to be any other colour.
Cool plant/variety.
Easy to grow even in our several weeks of 100 degree+ heat.

I'll probably isolated the plant this fall for pure seeds.

Thanks Joe!

My favorite for taste is a Naga X 7 Pot Red. I can remember it was just about the best flavor I have had for a cross.

Haven't had a peach Bhut yet, but I have a few dozen pods hanging starting to turn. But everything I have heard points to that being a great tasting pod.

The only problem with all these great hybrids is they won't be the same next year unless you take clones/cuttings or overwinter

My favorite right now is a Douglah cross I'm working on but only 1 of 30+ f2 plants has the brown pods I was hoping for, and that one is not very productive or impressive

This is one of my favorites so far, but there's several others

Potawie's DLf2-2

hot crossed pods by potawie, on Flickr

What was the other parent, or is it a secret?

Maybe cross it with to Naga Morich to get more productivity????

I was sort of trying to keep it secret this time but I'm not good at secrets. It seems every time I introduce a new cross, somebody wants to copy me instead of trying something unique :(
As for productivity, I couldn't expect much more from this plant. Its an awesome producer. Now I have to start doing some taste tests but I have over 30 of these crosses to evaluate for heat, flavor, and appearance before choosing pods for next year's f3s

Edit: Sorry for the confusion, the plant in the pic ripens to red

Would love to cross a chinense Aji Panca with a Douglah. Might do it just to see how the F1's come out. Don't think I have the patience or resources to grow it out for 8+ generations.

Aji Panca can be a Chinense,Baccatum or Annuum.

I'm wondering if you are looking for a Chinende X or?

In Peru Aji Panca can be any brown podded pepper.
Mostly a Chinense or Baccarum.
Though there are several Annuums.
It's like they use Aji to name a lot of different peppers...
Same as Piment ,Pimento etc. in other places.

Just wondering.

I've got a couple crosses that are supposed to be Brown Berbere...

Aji Panca can be a Chinense,Baccatum or Annuum.

I'm wondering if you are looking for a Chinende X or?

In Peru Aji Panca can be any brown podded pepper.
Mostly a Chinense or Baccarum.
Though there are several Annuums.
It's like they use Aji to name a lot of different peppers...
Same as Piment ,Pimento etc. in other places.

Just wondering.

I've got a couple crosses that are supposed to be Brown Berbere...

I had read this about Aji Panca on this board. Perhaps it was one of your posts. Anyway, the Aji Panca plant I have is supposed to be a chinense. This was my source for the plant: http://store.myorganicseeds.com/Aji-Panca-Hot-Pepper-Plants-P2588200.aspx

I also have a Douglah plant. It might be fun to try to cross them and see what the F1's turn out like next season.

Back