• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hydro 1st Attempt

Just for fun we decided to do 9 plants in hydro this year. Among them are Judy's moruga scorpion brown, Bhut Jolokia Mustard from another friend and a few others (one pictured is a secret so I wont mention what it is :dance: ). So far so good. This one is a little under 3 months old from seed.

hydro1.jpg

hydro2.jpg

Very cool! Congratz!

That plant is looking awesome! I have a couple DWC plants going right now, I don't think there is a easier way to grow peppers, I absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing!

What nutrients are you using? and for the mixture for it are you following some sort of dosing directions off the bottle?

I have in the past used the General Hydroponic Flora stuff, and after started using the Jungle Juice, because the 3 Gallons is like $65 bucks vs, 3 gallons of Flora for like $100+, and it works the same for me, plus its like 35%-40% cheaper.

I would love to hear what your using for a mixture.

Soul synthetic from aurora. Calmag and a dash of kelp. 5.5-6 pH and I run around 800-900 ppm. I was using an 18-6 light schedule but have backed it down to 15-9

That thing is a beast for 90 days. Its amazing how fast they grow hydroponically! Looking good man, looking good! Realtree AP is my favorite camo too!

mmcdermott1 said:
Soul synthetic from aurora. Calmag and a dash of kelp. 5.5-6 pH and I run around 800-900 ppm. I was using an 18-6 light schedule but have backed it down to 15-9

Curiosity, why did you change the photoperiod? Following the season? :)

mmcdermott1 said:
Whoops. Yes 1000 watt lol
No not in a tent.

Changed lighting cause a good hydro guy told me too lol

Ah ok...was gonna say you generally need 50-100 w\sqft for good mature plant growth.

Back