• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hydro GH Flora 3 part for Peppers...

Can't possibly prove it to Chilihunter, so the post must be deleted.

Sure wouldn't want to post anything that might be a lie according to Chilihunter. The post has been deleted due to not meeting his standards.

I grow in hydro and use gen hydro 3-part exclusively. I grow only chiles.

I keep the ratio 1:1:1 and only control by ppm because I have plants at all stages of growth.

Most chiles have 2-3' crown diameter.

i work alot with hydroponics (legally, i work in a store) in my personal opinion, you're going to get more heat and flavor with soil as opposed to aero and hydro. as far as nutes go, GH Flora is nice, as it is very simple. however, i'd usually opt for something organic, like botanicare Pure Blend or foxfarm. we're currently doing bell peppers with GH, and they're looking pretty good.

a 3' plant crown takes about 7 square feet so you'll get 3 or 4 plants in this space; 4 will be crowding.

30-50 watts/square ft will make fruit. If you put mylar on the walls to reflect, favor 30w/sq ft. If the walls, ceiling and floor are dark/non reflective, 50w/square foot is more like it.

I use MH and HPS in equal wattage because it most nearly imitates sunlight. I run my lights 16 hrs/day year round.

I grow in both dirt and hydro and chiles are just as picante in either medium

yes, unfortunatly hydro has been hijacked. as far as your soil mix, I'd suggest a " soilless" mix, such as sunshine or promix. its peat based, with perlite and perhaps some other things added. its pretty much neutral as far as nutes go, and i think the pH is balanced around 6.4

Back