• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hydro Question...

Ok so the plant is green and seems happy. It is nice and perky most the time but after about 10 hours of light (I have it on a 16/8 cycle), the leaves at the bottom start to droop. The temp is below 80 all the time, normally around 72 degrees lights off and around 78 degrees lights on. The lights go off and about an hour later the leaves have perked back up. What gives???

It is in a 28" wide x 32" tall x 12" deep "chamber" that is lined with reflective material and has 2 28" flouro grow lights mounted in the roof. The plant is about 12" below the lights.

That happens to me too. At the start of the day, they are quite perky, but after soaking up 16 hours of light, they start to droop a little. Maybe because it loses water faster than what it can replenish? They are right back up after a good nights sleep. My temps are around 80 during the day as well. I don't think its much of a problem, just the leaves drooping from the heat. I think lowering your temps would help if it concerns you.

Just reduce the light cycle a little. My plant at my office does the same thing when it gets intense sunlight the leaves get really soft and droop. But once I put it in some shade it perks back up. It won't kill your plant buts its like when you sit in the sun for too long you get drained and dehydrated.

Just reduce the light cycle a little. My plant at my office does the same thing when it gets intense sunlight the leaves get really soft and droop. But once I put it in some shade it perks back up. It won't kill your plant buts its like when you sit in the sun for too long you get drained and dehydrated.
That does make sense. I am wondering if a 3-1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3-1 cycle would work? (3 hours on and 1 hour off) Or is that just over doing it? Would be 2 hours extra light in a 24 hr period, dont know if it would be good or bad or non-productive at all.

Back