• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

water Hydro Water Temp?

Ok, so I thought a good way to increase the temp in my hydro grow chamber would be to put a heat mat under the buckets. It is working, the temp in the chamber is a constant 80-81 degrees, but the water temp in the buckets is also this same temp. Is this bad for the plant or the nutrients?

Have you tried contacting the nutrient supplier for optimal/max nutrient temps? Heat can destabilize nutrient compositions, and even the plastics in the bucket.

I'm looking at my mine and it has it noted that this particular nutrient solution should be kept below 75F. You don't want to be breeding nasty bacteria nor kill the beneficial ones by cooking it.

Ok, so I thought a good way to increase the temp in my hydro grow chamber would be to put a heat mat under the buckets. It is working, the temp in the chamber is a constant 80-81 degrees, but the water temp in the buckets is also this same temp. Is this bad for the plant or the nutrients?

Its a good thought, But I agree with USA. The heat from your lights and Mylar will be enough warmth for the plants.

Matt50680 you are doing just fine with the temps on the water but even better is around 78 degrees. I have had mine between 78-80 for almost three months and all is good. What is the temp of the room these are in both highs and lows? I have a 10-15 degree drop from day/lights on and night/lights off. I have been doing a complete water change every two weeks and adding water/solution around two times in between this. Are you running an air stone in your buckets? Do you have vents/fans both intake and exhaust to exchange your air in the grow area?

The chamber is in my bedroom with the rest of my plants, they get lonely if I put them in the back room. I have the electric fireplace temp set at 69 and it stays right there according to the thermometer on the wall. I added sight tubes to my hydro buckets and marked out 1 and 2 gallon levels along with the level of the bottom of the net pot. I am trying to keep the level about a 1/2 inch under the nets. The TS Butch T was a soil plant converted to hydro, it seems happy and is growing.

Read the chart below. You are trying to get oxygen to the roots of the plant.

oxygen-solubility-water-2.png

Back