• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic Hydroponic nutrients on soil-less promix peppers

I have some test seedlings in promix, and I have been watering them with just water by immersing them into a tub with some water and letting it wick up.

I stopped misting them so much when I noticed some moss on the top of the cups growing.

I have general hydroponics flora series. I watered them one day from the top with it a few days ago and they look ok. I used a small mix 2.5 2.5 2.5, micro/bloom/grow in a gallon of water.

what is recommended for watering / feeding with these they are in 16oz beer cups...

i run straight promix, and i do very well with the howard resh profile. using the 3 part GH series + epsom salt this is the closest i can get.

Values calculated for the preparation of 1 gallons

GH Flora Bloom Input Formula Here 0 0
GH Flora Grow Input Formula Here 19.06 1.9
GH Flora Micro Input Formula Here 10.76 1.1
Magnesium Sulfate (Heptahydrate) MgSO4.7H2O 0.97 0.1

N (NO3-)221.75 16.70% +/- 3.2%
K 330.51 -2.80% +/- 2.6%
P 50.35 25.90% +/- 3.4%
Mg 50.5 1.00% +/- 3.2%
Ca 142.17 -16.40% +/- 2.3%
S 33.42 -90.70% +/- 0.3%
Fe 2.84 -43.10% +/- 1.6%
Zn 0 0.00% +/- 0%
B 0 0.00% +/- 0%
Cu 0 0.00% +/- 0%
Mo 0.02 -54.50% +/- 1.2%
Na 0 0.00% +/- 0%
Si 0 0.00% +/- 0%
Cl 0 0.00% +/- 0%
Mn 1.42 158.50% +/- 7.1%
N (NH4+) 21.12 17.30% +/- 3.2%

EC=1.8 mS/cm

so call it:
19grams grow
11grams micro
1gram epsom salt

OR

17.12ml grow
8.77ml micro

Love the GH series.
I've used only 1ml of Micro with 1ml of Bloom with great success on thriving plants 1.5-3 weeks old.
Micro has alot of N so I don't use the Gro, IMO.

Edit: Bare minimum values noted. Good rule of thumb is to use half dose from the directions and assess your plants needs afterwards.

Love the GH series.
I've used only 1ml of Micro with 1ml of Bloom with great success on thriving plants 1.5-3 weeks old.
Micro has alot of N so I don't use the Gro, IMO.

Edit: Bare minimum values noted. Good rule of thumb is to use half dose from the directions and assess your plants needs afterwards.

do you run promix tho? promix has almost nothing in it, every thing the plant needs has to be watered into the roots. or foliar sprayed i suppose.

While the Lucas formula is for ahem, "other" plants, it works well on any heavy flowering plant like peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. K+ for you, bud. ;)

Mine were in 4" pots(promix) that were bottom watered- every 5 to 6 days- with 1/4 strength Botanicare (grow and liquid karma) under T5s. Consider that this was March and abt 76* on avg.

3-24-11-2.jpg

Most Pro-Mix has starter nutrients, which for peppers, probably goes a long way. I gave my seedlings nothing but water until they were about 3 inches tall or so. Them some dilute Neptune fish nutes.

One theory, supposedly based on tissue analysis of mature pepper plants, is that nutrients are absorbed in the same ratio (3:1:2) throughout their lives. I have had a lot of success using this ratio in hydro-nutes and SRFs.

With a constant supply of the correct nutrient ratio and all micronutes there is little reason to invest in multiple ferts of various ratios. Many people believe it is false logic supported by fert manufacturers to sell 3x the product. Withholding nitrogen is the way to encourage flowering and fruit size. When bloom boosters "work," it means that the plant was lacking those nutrients before then.

I use Dyna-gro Foliage Pro and Osmocote SRF, both in a form of 3:1:2 ratio. Supplemented with Pro-teKt 0-0-3 for silicone. 1/4 to 1/2 dose at every watering, depending on frequency. This regimen can remain constant throughout the season with only the dosage needing to be adjusted based on size and growth of your plants. This applies to nutrient free potting mediums only.

There is some great reading over on Gardenweb about fertilizing containerized plants, ill grab a link when I get on my home PC.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg1020215928898.html?151#post

Back