• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I am getting fat.

tylerdodd25_92 said:
I think we've all gain a few inches around the waist this year, don't feel bad

I wish I could say that it was that.  But I don't celebrate holidays.  No, this is much more of a comprehensive, systemic failure.
In fact, I think this year I've LOST a few inches BELOW the waist.
Am I the only person who is in that weird zone, between pants that used to fit, and pants that don't yet fit?  Like, do I stay the course, and plump up to my new wardrobe, or do I try to get my sexy body back?
Jesus, adulting is hard some times.

I gained a ton of weight since March. Mostly alcohol but also the relative reduction in activity being cooped up at home.

About two months ago, I had a wake-up call (realised that if I got COVID, I would be prime for hospitalization and a ventilator with weight induced breathing problems) so have cut down on the drinking and am eating sensible and the pounds are dropping off. My breathing is back to normal, my sleep has improved and I'm feeling a lot better.

The flip side of that, is you could drink even more, and get that "dry", veiny look, that only hardcore alcoholics can really rock.  Mystery cup everywhere you go.  8X64...  yeah right.  Vodka and rocks in plastic... 1X1.75

Although on a serious note, I am glad that you're getting to a better place, healthwise.  Nothing sucks worse than not being able to do what you like.  Being unhealthy is worse than a prison sentence.

Reactions: Siv
Get your self healthy. Physically and mentally. Stretching,walking are things everyone should be doing. Ive been in great shape for years but was very fat at one time due to depression and laziness. This year while everyone has been very bummed the wife and I have kicked our healthy habits up to be stronger than the rest. please get yourself on track. Bless up.

Oh, I will.  More than anything, I am facetiously tackling this, head on.
This is me being light hearted.  Cause more than anything, I'm pretty pissed that I don't have any pants that don't fit, unless they have a stretchy band.

I'm lounging in my eating sweatpants!  It's Thanksgiving!  I've actually lost close to 20# since March.  I call it losing my COVID19!!!!  Now my jeans are loose on me.  Got to tighten the belt another notch. 

It's funny, because I got a bit tubby while I was living in the city, and walking everywhere I went.  Damn I got strong legs.  I came back home, have been working a lot, eating worse, and doing basic fuck-all, and have already dropped 10 lbs.
The moral of the story - Florida is awesome.

Back