• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

I ate a whole 7 Pot Brain Strain..........

Yep, just like the title says..................

Now for the rest of the story...............

I re-potted the two Monster BS plants that I started last July. They went from 3 gallon kitty litter buckets to 7 gallon nursery pots. The lower branches were thin and spindly, so I decided to trim them back. Both plants had a small immature pod growing on them, and it was my intention to leave them on the plants. Well, I got a bit overzealous trimming off branches and accidentally cut off the branch where one of the baby's resided. Aw, heck! Why waste it? So I popped the pea sized pod in my mouth. It tasted green, and I could tell it was a C. Chinense. Oh MY!!! This sucker has heat all ready! It was hot enough to be uncomfortable and give me hiccups. Life was interesting for about five minutes, and I had a nice middle of tongue and roof of mouth burn for about 20. I know I cheated, but I DID eat a whole pod........
:hell:

Glad to hear the plants are growing very well for you RS67man, probably a good idea to trim some branches before you move those monsters outside. They will grow back bushier than before. Now about the green pod was it wrinkly yet? Just wait till you get a red ripe Brain Strain pod to chomp down on, I usually don't like the green taste on any immature pods. Any pics of the plants with their haircut, I cut back my 4 year old plant and no new growth coming out yet but still some green stems so fingers crossed. I have a bunch new plants started from seed harvested in 2008 so all is good. Pic from a few years ago.
IMG_3370.jpg

No wrinkles yet, it was very small but it had the right overall shape. I need to get a photo of them sitting in the new pots out in the greenhouse though.......

yes, Walt, PICS!

and good for you for chowing down on the green pod. Definitely need a video of you eating a full-size ripe pod. Maybe at the next NW Chilehead Fest? or before?

Congrats on the pod RS :dance: still working on, well thinking abt eating a whole pod myself.

That is one NASTY looking pod Cappy :mouthonfire:

Nice one!! i plan on doing vids of all my peppers this year ... Neil style.. not for any bragging rights .. but just to show some of the friends ( that are begging for some) what they really are.. before i ship them any. If they still want them after seeing me.. then more power to ya!
icon_eek.gif
mouthonfire.gif
. i know it'll hurt.. but i'd rather hurt my self a little then have them do something really dumb... lol

Back