• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce I came across blairs sauce finally

Can't comment on the pure death but i have tried the Mega death.. Is not for the weak tongues out there this is super hot for sure..

I wouldn't mind getting some of his reserve stuff like the A.M. sauces, just for the sake of expanding my collection. He has a few that hit pure 16m SHU.

I dont like the taste of blairs sauces yeah used to be good for adding heat before all these super hot trinidad scorpion / 7 pot sauces but now i try to stay away from extract based sauces they taste terrible

I looked it up and read that it's not an extract - surprising based on how I've heard the taste described.

Maybe what I read was wrong, but it was on a site selling it.

I have pure death. I haven't opened it yet. I don't think it is an extract, but Blair's is a company that seems to put heat over flavor. Not really my style. I have a couple others, and I use them on occasion to add heat to a pot of chili or stew. He had a jalapeno sauce that was actually quite tasty, and I like some of the 'heat' line... Like the mango habanero, and the green tea wasabi.

As far as the death line... I don't know that I will be buying any more.

Just my $0.02

I'll have to try his "heat" line - I saw those in his catalogue. I'd like to try the jalapeño. :cheers:

If you haven't seen it, it's a pretty impressive product line.

Dude's a marketing genius, or he's got a marketing genius working for him.

I actually have a ton of respect for the company. They are bringing high end hot sauces to the masses. Anything that gets people interested in what else is out there besides Tobasco is fine in my book. I just don't like the sauces myself.

A firend of mine introduced me to Blairs sauces a couple of years ago and sparked my interest in hot sauces other then Franks / Tobasco etc. For me, Blairs Original Death is still one of the best hot sauces Ive ever tasted, not to hot and loads of flavour, I can eat it off a spoon! Do have to agree though, the hotter their sauces get the less I enjoy the flavours..

Pure Death is the hottest sauce he makes that does not include extract. I happen to like it for its fresh pepper taste and consistency. Original Death is a good garlicky sauce and Muerte is a little hotter version of that sauce. The rest of the Death line you can keep IMO.

I just picked up a bottle of pure death at our local flea market yesterday. I like it, but honestly for being made from habs, and ghost pepper, I did not find this sauce as hot as I would have liked it, but I think the flavor is delicious. Taste like fresh bhut.

The only Blair's sauces I've had that I like are Pure and Jalapeno. Pure is tasty, but not that hot, and Jalapeno is mild but very very tasty. I like using it when making pulled pork.

The original Death sauce is a very good sauce. I've seen it listed at around 30,000 Scoville so even the original isn't exactly mild.

Can't comment on the pure death but i have tried the Mega death.. Is not for the weak tongues out there this is super hot for sure..

I have had a few of the blairs sauces and megadeath just tastes horrible! It packs a good amount of heat but at a cost!

Back