• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I can haz ID?

I'm thinking this must be from the mystery mix I got with some seeds I ordered as it is nothing like any of the ones that I know I bought. Can someone help me out and tell me what it is?

purplefull.jpg

A close up...

purpleclose.jpg

It looks awesome, I just wish I knew what it was!

Bolivian Rainbow... I got some of these seeds as a bonus mystery mix when I ordered from rainbow chile seeds...I've got two really nice plants right now just loaded with peppers and they are really colorful...haven't eaten any yet, still waiting for one to turn fully red...

apple pie

I have a similar plant that was suppose to be a firecracker piquin. Does this look like one or a bolivian rainbow? The flowers were purple.
008-6.jpg

They do both look to be very similar to my Bolivian Rainbows- though your fruit is more oblong than mine usually are, from what I've seen, yours is more the norm. One of mine is now three years old- they're tough little buggers and GREAT ornamentals, as the fruit will progress from purple to white to orange to red. They're not exactly the best tasting peppers though- they're pungent little bastards. I usually just dry the fruit out and combine it with a bunch of cayenne in a powder. They make for good windowsill prettiness.

ps- you should do something about that fungus, Texoma.

Back