• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I can't stop!

I was originally supposed to get 30 plants this year, all from CCN, after I gave up on starting from seed due to lack of adequate lighting equipment. In the meantime, I got a random plant here and there from local stores and greenhouses. I keep saying "no more, I'm done..." yet, the last time I left Wal-Mart just a few nights ago I was carrying a Tabasco and a Yummy plant (ironically, after saying I wasn't going to grow tabasco again this year). I ordered 12 more pepper plants during CCN's sale (10 for myself, two for my aunt, even though my intention was a 50/50 split--but she didn't want 6 plants). And my aunt just bought me two more plants I was really interested in, but figured I'd wait till next year when I order plants online again (didn't expect to find those plants around here): Zavory and Hot Lemon.

So now I have a baccatum, several annuums, tons of chinenses, and even a pubescens on the way. Now I'm up to one small garden with 4 bell pepper plants, 8 hot pepper plants, and two tomato plants; a large garden with 30 pepper plants; 8 in pots and 10 more to come. Not to mention the spearmint, stevia and catnip... some of which still need to be put in proper pots. Wow... I never expected or intended to have so many plants. I never would've expected growing plants to be so exciting, or to have so many in a year (especially only the second).

Any other new pepper plant addicts?

+1 here, i have grown some hots for the past 6-7 years, but always just boring stuff, jalapeno, cayenne, etc..then this year opened my eye to the wide word of peppers and now i am obsessed..40 plants later and i have to remind myself that there isn't any more room in the garden and i'm out of pots........I think this site is to blame, too many great pepper growers and endless variety.

excited newbie here

well, I didnt go that far! I intended to grow two varieties.... at first...I now havve 5 yellow scorpions, one red scorpion, 4 Aji limon's 3 fatalli's and 2 habanero's. 15 peppers from someone who hasnt attempted plants in a dozen years. I was wishing I'd gotten more species....I think those are all chinense except for the Aji which is a baccatum? do I have that right?

I couldnt do thirty plants, they would break my deck!

I'm kinda the same way. I have 1 habanero, 1 tabasco, 1 jalapeno and these are about a foot or so tall. These were bought as plants from Lowes. Now I have several seedlings, 2 fatalli (has not sprouted yet), 2 bhuts, 1 naga , 1 choc hab (has not sprouted yet), 3 long red slims, almapaprika (has not sprouted yet), another jalapeno that i planted from a seed, datil, and a couple of others that I can't remember. I have had several that died, which i expected. My long red slims are giving me the most trouble as the leaves are turning yellow.

Anyways, I am addicted and this is a very stressful hobby. and I thought this was going to be relaxing. yeah right.

I just started mine too. Mine haven't spouted yet. Lol.

I have some bhuts, habaneros and jalapenos sown just a few days ago. Waiting for some hooks to pop up =)

i also got a few very charitable members to share me seeds.

I live this forum. Everyone's so nice and helpful.

I thought growing plants was stressful last year. So many basics to learn, having to get the garden set up for the first time (you wouldn't imagine all the rocks, bricks and junk like broken pots and batteries found down there...). Not to mention, having no experience so you've got no clue how the plants are going to react in different conditions. I'm just finally getting the hang of it. And all the heavy rain and high winds last year... so far, this year is actually pretty pleasant in comparison. I've noticed that this year it's quite a bit less stressful... I think it's a combination of having some experience from last year, plus the more mild weather.

Back